Another Melbournian newbie

parttimeaussie

Hi all,

Might as well contribute to the rash of new Melbournians.

'02 Flame red RSC 172. Currently stock as a rock.

Been punting this beauty around for 3 odd years and still brings a smile to my face every time.

Kudos on the forum. It's an awesome resource and has been my first stop for all things Renault for some time now. Look forward to contributing but most of the standard 172 issues seem to be covered in some detail: dodgy starter, interior rattles, ridiculously expensive servicing and impossible to find spares ... the list goes on and on.

Would definately be up for getting in on some drive days and checking out your rides.

Don't seem to be all that many RSC's around.

Keep up the great work.

Apologies for dropping off the face of the planet ... having some ISP issues at home.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The car should be good for a drive day in March. 90k service this week. Getting new rubber (PP2's) all round and replacing the completely buggered original rear shocks with Koni Yellows. Would have done the fronts as well but there is apparently a 5 week lead time on these in Aus :shock: Yikes!!! Once everything is in and settled, it'll be time for an outing.

PS Swish/Walkie: At some stage in the dark and murky past I do vaguely recall living in Sydney for a while. My shrink thinks I was so traumatised by the state of the road system that it's best I forget.

Apologies for dropping off the face of the planet ... having some ISP issues at home.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The car should be good for a drive day in March. 90k service this week. Getting new rubber (PP2's) all round and replacing the completely buggered original rear shocks with Koni Yellows. Would have done the fronts as well but there is apparently a 5 week lead time on these in Aus :shock: Yikes!!! Once everything is in and settled, it'll be time for an outing.

PS Swish/Walkie: At some stage in the dark and murky past I do vaguely recall living in Sydney for a while. My shrink thinks I was so traumatised by the state of the road system that it's best I forget.

Welcome to the forum :P

If you have the time to get them rock the exaltos, I have PP2'a and they ain't as good 8)

Still in the process of sourcing the PP2s.

Called Michelin Aus and the word is that the Exaltos aren't available here in 195/50R15.

If you know of anyone who has them for sale feel free to pass the info along. I'd gladly snap them up.

Suppose sourcing these things from Europe might be an option, but cost and lead time would be a killer.

Other option is to upsize the rims, but the standard 15s are so cute :roll: well good sleeper value anyway.

Need new rubber right now as the RSC is handling like a pig on roller skates - and becoming positively deadly in the wet.

Ask ME permission before speaking to a new Melbourne member Sydney boy walkie :P:P:P

Welcome brother. Thankyou for joining 8)

ill remember that for next time.... NOT

the road systems are screwed down here. driving thru melbourne was so easy back in Dec when i did it

dunno bout ur backroads though! havent done those yet... maybe one day