182 decaying in my driveway for 2 years. what should I do before I drive it

dandan

So I've badly neglected my Clio 182 and left it undriven in my driveway for a couple of years.

Went and put a new battery in it and it still starts fine. Engine oil is good, and have topped up coolant.

Anything else in particular I should be checking before I drive it?

2 hours ago, dandan said:

So I've badly neglected my Clio 182 and left it undriven in my driveway for a couple of years.

Went and put a new battery in it and it still starts fine. Engine oil is good, and have topped up coolant.

Anything else in particular I should be checking before I drive it?

Fresh oil and filter, fresh fuel, fresh brake fluid, check tyre pressures - and give yourself a slap ...

Edited by slick
  • Haha 5

Timing belt and Aux belt age?

If the coolant was low, where did it go?

• Like 1

Rubber stuff - timing belt and tyres. Check tyres for cracking, flat spots, and age (5-6 years is a rough rule of thumb for replacing regardless of tread).

Timing belt is 4 years, even if it’s been sitting there. 

Oil you’d at least fast track a change - it will have been going off a little sitting there. 

Edited by Andersm
  • Like 1

Mate just do the checks and use her for short trips only. Don't take it to the track on the first weekend. That will give it a shake down. Then get an expert to hoist it and give you the rape list. So many variables to a car that has been left sit. Keep an eye on your temp gauge and listen for weird noises. All the other suggestions are good but you could drop a heap of money for no reason and then find another issue. Don't forget to top the gearbox oil.

Welcome back to feeling alive while you drive.