Insurance Premiums

Sunbeam

Think it is worth having a central reference point on Insurance Costs - topic crops up in many forum discussions.

So here goes.

Received renewal from AAMI at $681 (down $8) but with excess increased from $450 to $500, which is "to bring it into line with NSW, in the hope that people won't claim for minor damage and that way premium costs will be kept down". Rating 1 for life (or until definitions change, whichever comes first).

Melbourne Eastern suburbs.

Western QBE

$460 fully comp. $350 excess.

Preferred drivers (myself and wife), no drivers under 24. Rating 1, factory immoboliser. Market value. Mods declared.

Adelaide Hills. 30yr old male.

Think that sums it up..

edit: to compare, the Golf below, is around $570 (bought new)

jeezz thats cheap... im paying 1100 to RACV, 450 excess with my and my missus. and the value of the car is declared at 19g.

The value AAMI put on as agreed is $21,700 (first reg Nov 2002 ) or market, whichever is higher. My wife is also named on policy (as I am with her Honda) tho unlikely to drive it and we are both rating 1. Not sure whether age of 60+ has an impact. (would have thought they would load a penalty for fold arts).

182 Clio Cup - A 65% NCB, insured for full value from new - $500 pa with SGIO in WA. 46 yo driver.

Spider - $1000 - Shannons Limited Mileage policy <8k a year, single driver only policy.

:shock::shock::shock:

Sooooooo being old has its advantages.... Dammm, why can't i age faster :wink:

Thats cheap... It's obvious that, where you live determines the premium!

Sooooooo being old has its advantages.... Dammm, why can't i age faster :wink:

Thats cheap... It's obvious that, where you live determines the premium!

Forgot to mention the Spider must be garaged in a secure garage to get that

premium, I've also had a separate alarm system fitted to the garage to help me

sleep sounder. :D

DanSA - that's a good price particularly with your mods. I can get close to that price doing their online quote and using your age for Woodside as a location; but try pumping in the same details for a RSC 182 Cup, I think it was $120 dearer (hence why I left QBE!)

I'm with ING (www.ing.com.au) who are underwritten by CGU. I don't think they are much good if you've got mods (had kittens when we fitted 17" alloys to the wife's 6?!), but for my stock 182 Cup I'm paying $404 with $33000 agreed value - I think the excess is $250 (or $300?) That's for preferred drivers, nobody under 25YO, protected rating 1 and the youngest driver being 33YO.

The main reason I've gone with them (apart from the price) is that if the car is a write off they will give you a new car based on the vehicle's age and don't give a rat's a***e if you're not the first registered owner. They're the only company I could find that would do that- QBE wouldn't. Both our cars are near new but we're not the first owners, hence why I wanted it. IIRC up to a three year old vehicle (under a certain km limit) will be replaced with a new car? They also give choice of repairer. :wink: