Newbie MEG006 Megane 2006 just purchased. Tasmania.

MEG006

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum, and have just been given the privilege to join this group just now. To which I thank the administrators very much. I purchased a Renault Megane just over 1 week ago. It is a Megane 2006 model. I am in Tasmania, and I am a car enthusiast. This is my 2nd ever Renault that I have owned. I did own a number of years ago, a Megane 2002 convertible. I am in Tasmania, and am about to book travel on the Spirit of Tassmania, to head to Mainland Australia with my car in May, to go to Winton Historic car racing, and looking at meeting up on any drives or events that may be happening in Vic or NSW in May, or EARLY June. Cheers David. 

IMG_20220226_180827[1].jpg

IMG_20220226_180855[1].jpg

IMG_20220226_180914[1].jpg

IMG_20220226_180932[1].jpg

Edited by MEG006
Enhance title.
  • Like 2

• MEG006 changed the title to Newbie MEG006 Megane 2006 just purchased. Tasmania.
5 hours ago, MEG006 said:

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum, and have just been given the privilege to join this group just now. To which I thank the administrators very much. I purchased a Renault Megane just over 1 week ago. It is a Megane 2006 model. I am in Tasmania, and I am a car enthusiast. This is my 2nd ever Renault that I have owned. I did own a number of years ago, a Megane 2002 convertible. I am in Tasmania, and am about to book travel on the Spirit of Tassmania, to head to Mainland Australia with my car in May, to go to Winton Historic car racing, and looking at meeting up on any drives or events that may be happening in Vic or NSW in May, or EARLY June. Cheers David. 

IMG_20220226_180827[1].jpg

IMG_20220226_180855[1].jpg

IMG_20220226_180914[1].jpg

IMG_20220226_180932[1].jpg

Welcome to the forum - that is a nice clean machine you have there.

You will enjoy the WInton historics - we  are going to the Phillip Island historics this week-end. There are some fantastic cars to see and watch racing.

Edited by slick

3 hours ago, slick said:

Welcome to the forum - that is a nice clean machine you have there.

You will enjoy the WInton Historics - we  are going to the Phillip Islnad historics this week-end. There are some fantastic cars to see and watch racing.

Many thanks Slick. 

It has clear coat coming off in a few places, to which I hope to fix within  the next month, just a matter of time to do t. It also is missing the black lip at the bottom of front bumper / spoiler, but I have located a replacement from UK. 

I last went to Winton Historic Racing in May 2019. And then it didnt happen due to Covid. So now that things are back to near normal I am going this year. Have a great time at Phillip Island. 

37 minutes ago, MEG006 said:

My car has only done a genuine 78000 kms. Pretty good I reckon. This car is a keeper until the day that I can no longer drive, due to age or health. 

Like our 182 .................

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slick said:

Like our 182 .................

5 hours ago, MEG006 said:

My car has only done a genuine 78000 kms. Pretty good I reckon. This car is a keeper until the day that I can no longer drive, due to age or health. 

Wow, was my sentiments exactly when I fell in love with my first Clio 172, the curious thing is that I’d never heard of Clio’s or Renault’s generally, but the megane 2 when it came out in 2003 was a beautiful looking thing, for one with a family heritage of Chrysler’s then Mitsubishi, then typically jap cars cause dad was not patriotic at all! Maybe the strange love is an under dog type of mentality.

My parents were car club members, and use to race rally cars in Tasmania.

My mother and father were Hillman fanatics for many many years. Us children all had to learn to drive on Hillmans, and they had to be our first cars. But my father and myself worked the engine over on mine, and I then rallied it. Then my parents switched their love to Volvos, because of safety and hence I had a lot of Volvos also. But I have owned a few cars that are unusual or hard to get over the years. One car was a Humber Vogue Sports, another a Hillman Hunter 660 GT, a Volvo 360GLT, a Subaru Vortex Turbo, a Suzuki GTI hatch, my Renault Megane Convertible, and now this Megane. I wished I still owned all of these rarities, as they are all worth very good money now. 

Anyhow this forum, I like the look of. I am heading to Moree before going to the Winton Historic Car racing then coming back via Newcastle and Sydney, before then heading to Sydney. So, just maybe I might get to meet members enroute, even for a group chat and get together of an evening at a local coffee shop. 

Cheers for now.