Greetings All

JimC

Long time autofrancophile and have almost pulled the trigger on a Clio and Meg II in the past, however I keep ending up with interesting Japanese cars  in the garage. Love the slightly left of centre, enthusiastic and underground scene of RS cars in Oz. And how there are almost always Renaults being driven on their door handles at events I do. They remain such sleepers to most. I will address my relevant question to the Meg forum! 

• Like 2

Welcome. Noticed you have a BRZ PP. I had five Renaultsports in a row then went the other way and bought a GTS 86! 

Pleas do tell. I am mildly obsessed with Meg III 275 Trophy /Cup Premium as a BRZ replacements. Are you in a position to share your thoughts on the 2?

1 hour ago, JimC said:

Pleas do tell. I am mildly obsessed with Meg III 275 Trophy /Cup Premium as a BRZ replacements. Are you in a position to share your thoughts on the 2?

Yep. In stock form, a 265/275 is a lot faster than a BRZ in a straight line. Throw in a few corners (and not too many hills) and the BRZ will keep up. It’s the turbo punch the BRZ lacks. Both are wonderfully tactile cars to drive, with feel through your butt, the wheel and all the controls.  You’ll feel the torque steer in the Megane of course, and after having my 86 for a while now, I’m starting to realise how uncorrupted the steering feels in the RWD platform - it’s absolutely fantastic.

I used all my Meganes and the Clio in hill climb events, and apart from losing grip off the line, they are amazing through the corners. I knocked off plenty of STi’s and Evo’s in overall times too. 

I reckon if you get one, you won’t be disappointed. Decent tyres always, a stage 1 tune is about $700, centre res delete $200 and you’ll be smitten!

Thanks speedfiend - yes steering is particularly good on the toyobaru twins. Wouldn't be going down the tuning path, but tyres I agree on.

• Like 1