New to the forum

DaveW

Hi all. New to the forum and thought I'd drop a line to say hello.

I've had my Liquid Yellow Clio RS200 since new (Sep 2014). Oddly I don't have a pic of my car on this PC. I'll post one later but she's factory standard at this time. 

Since the warranty expired in 2019 I have been looking to do some mods on the car. It is my daily driver, although I'm not putting many KMs on in 2020. She's currently sitting at just over 50,000.

Would LOVE to get a tune on it and I need new tyres atm, which I'll need some advice on for fitment, as the Michelin Super Sports did not fit the rims very well last time at the OEM size, which was very disappointing given the cost. Any advice here would be very much appreciated. OEMs were Dunlop Sportmax's I think, but can't honestly recall. Leaning towards the Yoko v701s right now for a good balance between performance and price, bit as they're 205x40x18's no one stocks them, so any indication of how well they fit on the Clio rims would be appreciated before ordering.

I've already seen some links to some great mods available in Sydney, which is a short trip from Canberra, so will definitely be looking to spend a few dollars on her in the coming months.

Thinking, tune, induction kit, front springs lowered slightly (can't afford a full coil-over kit right now and happy with the back's height over the wheels.) Possibly a tiny bit of carbo fiber wrap over the front grey part of the spoiler. It's the little things. :)

Good to meet you all and chat soon I hope.

Dave

Edited by David Whitfield
  • Like 1

Just went from yoko back to PS4 and they are much better to drive and sit better on the rim. Just go to 215s instead of the standard 205s

Upgrade the cold side boost pipe before it blows on you and get a tune 

3 hours ago, Deet said:

Just went from yoko back to PS4 and they are much better to drive and sit better on the rim. Just go to 215s instead of the standard 205s

Upgrade the cold side boost pipe before it blows on you and get a tune 

Thanks for the tips mate., especially on the tyre size. So if I go to 215's, I'll need to go to 40's right?