Inlet manifolds

RogerHD

I saw on Insta inlet manifolds for a Clio 172 portmatched gasflowed and painted. I'm keen to get mine painted. Anyone explain please what portmatched and gasflowed means too and where I could get this done in Syd? Thx heaps!

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, RogerHD said:

I saw on Insta inlet manifolds for a Clio 172 portmatched gasflowed and painted. I'm keen to get mine painted. Anyone explain please what portmatched and gasflowed means too and where I could get this done in Syd? Thx heaps!

Port matched essentially means porting out your inlet manifold to achieve a better air flow into the combustion chamber, as to where you could get yours ported would have to ask local members here..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RogerHD said:

Portmatched and gasflowed usually done only on race engines - not much benefit for an otherwise standard road car. It take considerable time to do and hence is expensive.