New member, phase 1 #64

Fraserph1

Hi all, finally fulfilled the long urge to buy a Renault sport. Completed my apprenticeship with Renault and fell in love with these fun little cars. Couple years later and now working at Mercedes I’ve pulled the pin on a black 2001 Clio 172 phase 1 (#64). Bought it off a great guy who had planned to restore it but hadn’t been able to find the time. The overall condition of the body is rough to say the least and looks like it has enjoyed many years outside sun baking but on my short 8km drive home to where it now sits it drove like a dream. I plan on getting it to a much more acceptable condition and turn it into my daily driver so that I can retire the fuel guzzling C63 from daily use. If anyone has any history on the car or any other useful information about the phase 1’s please let me know as I’m always keen on learning more about these little weapons. Cheers and hope to see some of you out on the twisty’s soon.

8C9358C4-2E7F-4DC4-B6AD-AA06E7FA2FDC.thumb.jpeg.303e26d3268abf4677a6650bab490230.jpeg

• Like 9

Welcome! Awesome project car you got there. I am owner of #60

you might find some info about #64 in the phase 1 register thread 

only 85 ever imported into Australia means they are quite rare. Main differences between this and later  models is cable throttle body, manual air con and different interior, different front and rear bumpers. 

there are some quirky differences but nothing major. Some parts are getting hard to find such as the throttle body because these do wear out

Does it have the standard airbox?

14 hours ago, Dave200 said:

Welcome! Awesome project car you got there. I am owner of #60

you might find some info about #64 in the phase 1 register thread 

only 85 ever imported into Australia means they are quite rare. Main differences between this and later  models is cable throttle body, manual air con and different interior, different front and rear bumpers. 

there are some quirky differences but nothing major. Some parts are getting hard to find such as the throttle body because these do wear out

Does it have the standard airbox?

Thanks! Yeah my cable needs some attention I can tell but yes it does have the standard air box and looks to me completely stock from what I can tell