R-Link 1 RS Monitor

lostproperty

Apologies for the post and want to disclaim I have thoroughly attempted to search this answer via google & the forums but can't find any information I'm asking below.

I'm in the market to purchase a X95 Megane and want to know what the difference is in specific features between the RS Monitor with and without R-Link (if that's what it's call) if I have gotten the terminology wrong what I want to know is the extra features on the 250 Cup Trophee Model that isn't available in the Sat Nav version in the Trophy+ models.

I'm not in a rush to buy but having trouble finding a car I'm happy with in the right price range and in the colour I want in a Trophee version. 

If it makes a difference I am planning on taking the car on the odd track days and making some minor modifications over time.

Thanks in advance.

It's a good question

Basically you've either got the sat nav screen that has a reversing camera (I found that helpful), and then no functionality to change any throttle settings etc.

With the smaller screen it shows you all sorts of info, including 0-100 times, you can adjust throttle maps, all sorts. I'd say if you want to track it, go with the second. If it's more daily driver, go with the sat nav screen

2 hours ago, chuckovski said:

It's a good question

Basically you've either got the sat nav screen that has a reversing camera (I found that helpful), and then no functionality to change any throttle settings etc.

With the smaller screen it shows you all sorts of info, including 0-100 times, you can adjust throttle maps, all sorts. I'd say if you want to track it, go with the second. If it's more daily driver, go with the sat nav screen

Thanks for replying. If anyone can add any extra information around the specific features or even a link to a user manual that we be great. I saw on the forums someone posted a user manual for the 250 in PDF format could it be in there possibly? Just trying to assess how much having access to the ability to change these things is really going to be of benefit, if it isn't then it opens up more options for other potential cars to buy. Lap timing can be achieved with various aftermarket devices anyway so not a big loss there on that front. Thanks again

Hi, I've had my MY12 265 for around 6 years now and still love the way it 'looks' and every time I drive it, AND that's after more than 130K km. Mine has the RSMonitor, small screen version. While it is useful, importantly it gives the ability to adjust throttle settings to suit your driving style, which is probably it's best use. The other functions are interesting enough, but after a while you realise these cars are for driving enjoyment, not spending time marveling at all the 'do-dads' it has. They only distract from the 'driving experience'. Get a bit of driver training and some track time 'under your belt' and enjoy the drive. 🙂👌 Factor in the cost of 'speeding fines', they are easy to get 🙁, from recent experience.  Just sayin.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cairnsy said:

Hi, I've had my MY12 265 for around 6 years now and still love the way it 'looks' and every time I drive it, AND that's after more than 130K km. Mine has the RSMonitor, small screen version. While it is useful, importantly it gives the ability to adjust throttle settings to suit your driving style, which is probably it's best use. The other functions are interesting enough, but after a while you realise these cars are for driving enjoyment, not spending time marveling at all the 'do-dads' it has. They only distract from the 'driving experience'. Get a bit of driver training and some track time 'under your belt' and enjoy the drive. 🙂👌 Factor in the cost of 'speeding fines', they are easy to get 🙁, from recent experience.  Just sayin.

Im

currently driving an auto i30 for daily commuting so going from that to a Megane I don't think throttle sensitivity is really something I imagine I'll be too picky about. The last performance car I owned was an AE71 corolla with a RWD converted 20v engine & aftermarket computer/custom tune. If the main feature is throttle response it's probably not as beneficial as having a reversing camera. I also don't like an overly sensitive throttle anyway. Definitely planning on plenty of track time once I get it and especially before I bother with any mods. If anyone has anything else to add with their own experiences feel free to :)

• Like 1