Hi from Katman

katman

G'day members! - just bought a Clio Sport Cup - Racing Blue - from the Renault Dealers in Richmond Vic - absolute legends!!

I have loved these babies since the early 2000 intro when they won Bang for you buck - have been reading reviews ever since - these sukcers simply eat up everything in their category

Family reasons prevented me from buying earlier - we needed a family car - still have it - 2001 Verada -

Well - my impressions - the car is an absolute hoot to drive - goes bloody yhard, handles, stop even better!!

Reliability issues - I must admit they are not screwed together anywhere near as well as the verada - have had the Mitsu for 4 yrs and is still completely rattle free - the Clio has a few rattles, esp from the rear speakers, comes and goes - had the classic 'whistle' problem - it has just over 4000klm on the clock - took it back to the dealer late Friday night - they immediately threw on the analysier, found a few problems, cold start sesnor, and the fuel pump was faulty - they gave me aloan car - Monday it was up and running - the Richmond Dealers are highly recommended -

Have been reading articles from some clown driving an S3 - bagging the reliability of the Renault - let me say ALL manufacturers have their issues - my mate bought a new Territory - 3 weeks later his wife was driving it and the drivers side electric window caught on fire!!!

To the bloke who owns the S3 - my brother is a service tech - let me assure you Audis have HUGE problems - my advice is STAY AWAY from non warranty Audi's!!! - eg $7k for a new computer, very common on 3-4 yr old cars - $7-10k for transmission - lets just say his workshop is flat out all the time -

I considered second hand Audi's - my brother WOULD NOT allow me to do it -

Amyway - cheers and hope to join a cruise day in the future.

G'day members! - just bought a Clio Sport Cup - Racing Blue - from the Renault Dealers in Richmond Vic - absolute legends!!

I have loved these babies since the early 2000 intro when they won Bang for you buck - have been reading reviews ever since - these sukcers simply eat up everything in their category

Family reasons prevented me from buying earlier - we needed a family car - still have it - 2001 Verada -

Well - my impressions - the car is an absolute hoot to drive - goes bloody yhard, handles, stop even better!!

Reliability issues - I must admit they are not screwed together anywhere near as well as the verada - have had the Mitsu for 4 yrs and is still completely rattle free - the Clio has a few rattles, esp from the rear speakers, comes and goes - had the classic 'whistle' problem - it has just over 4000klm on the clock - took it back to the dealer late Friday night - they immediately threw on the analysier, found a few problems, cold start sesnor, and the fuel pump was faulty - they gave me aloan car - Monday it was up and running - the Richmond Dealers are highly recommended -

Have been reading articles from some clown driving an S3 - bagging the reliability of the Renault - let me say ALL manufacturers have their issues - my mate bought a new Territory - 3 weeks later his wife was driving it and the drivers side electric window caught on fire!!!

To the bloke who owns the S3 - my brother is a service tech - let me assure you Audis have HUGE problems - my advice is STAY AWAY from non warranty Audi's!!! - eg $7k for a new computer, very common on 3-4 yr old cars - $7-10k for transmission - lets just say his workshop is flat out all the time -

I considered second hand Audi's - my brother WOULD NOT allow me to do it -

Amyway - cheers and hope to join a cruise day in the future.

Welcome to OzRS :mrgreen: e.sport

Katman,

With respect to reliability, I've had a good run with my RCS 172 MkII. I've had it for 3 years and 25,000km since new. I had 3 delivery problems (a scratch, a rattle due to a piece of plastic in the tailgate, and an airbag light issue due to a program upgrade that the dealer should have made but didn't). Once these issues were fixed, I only had one warranty repair: where a bit of windscreen surround came loose and had to be glued back on.

My gripes are not to do with the car, rather they are to do with the poor quality of service in WA. For example, you would think that if you paid a dealer $30 or $40 to fit your genuine Renault roof racks, they would put them in the right place. No, instead they decided that 200mm out was better! Likewise for supplying cut down Holden wiper blades that don't work. I could go on and on, but it would upset me. At best I can say that things are improving and the dealer's attitude is very good.

EB