Interior Led Help

dongerz1

Recently purchased canbus T10 W5W Led SMD off eBay to swap the ugly interior lights. And having problems

1. The door lights do not work when plugged in. The metal tips of the LEDs weren't touching the metal hinges so I bent them slightly so they would touch, still no luck. Swap the polarities, still nothing etc
post-21749-146027828009_thumb.jpg 

2. The reading lights work OK but are dimly lit even when doors are closed. Thought the canbus was supposed to eliminate this?
post-21749-146027847941_thumb.jpg 

Haven't check if I accidently blew fuses yet but hope not!

The LEDs are not 510 ones, could that be the issue?? Possibly buying a diff set of LEDs work?

Thanks gang

Hi Gang,  Doesnt solve your issue of why your LED doesnt work.      I changed my Interior and Door Lights inside my RS265 with the Philips Whitevision W5W .   Changes that dull yellow to bright white, but looks natural.   

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Philips-White-Vision-40-Whiter-Light-W5W-Sidelight-Globes-2-WhiteVision-Bulbs-/271870289814?hash=item3f4cbb6796:g:DdIAAOSwhkRWeoGi

Recently purchased canbus T10 W5W Led SMD off eBay to swap the ugly interior lights. And having problems

1. The door lights do not work when plugged in. The metal tips of the LEDs weren't touching the metal hinges so I bent them slightly so they would touch, still no luck. Swap the polarities, still nothing etc

post-21749-146027828009_thumb.jpg

2. The reading lights work OK but are dimly lit even when doors are closed. Thought the canbus was supposed to eliminate this?

post-21749-146027847941_thumb.jpg

Haven't check if I accidently blew fuses yet but hope not!

The LEDs are not 510 ones, could that be the issue?? Possibly buying a diff set of LEDs work?

Thanks gang

I had a similar issue...I bought a complete kit from eBay- they were all labelled where they were supposed to go, the ones supplied for the doors didn't work.

There were some extras in the kit, I ended up using some for the rears and they work fine.

Test the reading light ones in there. Also, I had to lock doors/ turn ignition on a few times to reset.