Newbie - Clio Rs200 Sport - Melbourne

CEazy

G'day all,

I've been reading these forums for a few days and thought I would say hello.

I ordered my new Clio RS200 Sport in Flame Red, due to be delivered this Friday.

Interested to know why people decided to purchase the RS200.

My primary reasons were:

1. Performance

2. Price

3. Great Interior

Look forward to speaking to you all!

Cheers

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

The 3 things you mention plus the convenience of 5 doors for those who often have back seat passengers.

Also, if you are anything like me you will take it for a squirt in sport mode around back roads somewhere occasionally just for he hell of it coz you cannot get the benefit and thrill of the power of these things in normal traffic.    :hyper:

Congrats and welcome to the CLIO love.  :)

I bought mine for the driving excellence that I was used to from my Mini Cooper S.  I wanted something the same but different and it was certainly just as good in performance but a lot cheaper than an updated MINI.

Congrats on the purchase. I pick up my Cup in white on Monday. I bought mine for the added reason of being auto. Driving a manual in Sydney traffic is nuts. People say you lose driving experience with an auto, but how many top of the line supercars come with a clutch pedal these days. It's all about the technology on board the clio for me.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I know I'm not going to regret the decision.

I agree that the 5 doors is a bonus, although I don't carry a lot of people in my back seat so it doesn't bother me too much either way.

I'm also still on my P Plates with an Auto-only license. The fact that I would need to do another drive test to get a manual and the fact that I frankly can't be bothered driving manual made the Clio a great option. I always control my own gear changes, but the clutch pedal isn't necessary to do so these days.

In terms of P Plate legal sports cars, the Clio is right up there at the limit.

It's also one of the few hatches that doesn't look too feminine. I was surprised as to how much better the car looks in person compared to in photos!

The other car I was looking at was a Golf GTi, but at the end of the day, i couldn't justify the extra $12K+. Also looked at the Polo, but it just didn't impress me as the RS did.

Thanks guys, I know I'm not going to regret the decision.

The other car I was looking at was a Golf GTi, but at the end of the day, i couldn't justify the extra $12K+. Also looked at the Polo, but it just didn't impress me as the RS did.

Yeah....the Golf GTi & Polo GTi along with the Suzuki Sport have retained the look of the old fashioned 'boxy' hatch in my view.

Just about all the other new hatches such as Corolla, Hyundai, Peugeot and of course Clio and Megane have adopted a much more modern streamlined look.

Yeah....the Golf GTi & Polo GTi along with the Suzuki Sport have retained the look of the old fashioned 'boxy' hatch in my view.

Just about all the other new hatches such as Corolla, Hyundai, Peugeot and of course Clio and Megane have adopted a much more modern streamlined look.

I agree completely! I do like the look of the Golf GTI, but the RS is definitely more modern. The Peugeot 208 GTi, in my opinion, is no where near as aesthetically gifted as any of the above mentioned cars. I do like the styling on the Corolla and the i30 as well as the Kia Rio, but frankly they do not match in the performance department.

The Clio is the best of everything for mine - performance, styling, comfort, general liveability.