Seeking Advise On 225

billa

hi Guys,

As I recently miss out clio 172, I continue my search and yesterday I stumble across megane 225 - http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Renault-Megane-2006/SSE-AD-3371412/?Cr=3

the owner of the car has went details about the car history, could you guys advise what I else i need to be aware and ask the owner about this car.

and do you think the asking price is bit high for what the mileage is for the car.

Hi billa and welcome!

There is some good reading in this link when a fellow n00b wanted some general info about what to look out for on 225s:

http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/23201-choosing-a-megane-sport-225/

The ad says that it suits a free spirited driver. You'll need to carefully consider if that is you or not. (Although I don't know what that means in this context.)

Good luck!

...and perhaps a dolphin tattoo.

While sipping a decaf soy chai latte..  It has cup holders I hope.... :P

It's actually quite nice I have to say. 9 years old with 12,000km per year is pretty low.

Couple of items that needed attention with my R26 were coil packs and injectors. My R26 was unique as it was always perfect for the first 20min after service.....then felt like it needed to go back.

It certainly isnt a Clio that you wanted.....but it's a hell of a car for not much money.

Couple of items that needed attention with my R26 were coil packs and injectors. My R26 was unique as it was always perfect for the first 20min after service.....then felt like it needed to go back.

That doesn't sound too encouraging.  What do you mean by needing to go back 20 mins later?  Tongue in cheek hopefully, or was there a fundamental flaw somehow?