Newbie Wanting To Buy A Megane Rs 250

boostedandy

Hi Andy and welcome!

You've come to the right place to learn about the 250. Here's a "departing thought" thread on the 250: http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/23190-my-departing-thoughts/

The 250 will certainly be fresher than an MY06 WRX but certainly not more sedate. The 250 is easy enough to drive around town and in traffic but if you're after something sedate in the Renault brand then perhaps a Megane Scenic is better suited. Although not a Scenic with an RSC 172 engine in it.  :yes:

I can chime in here. The Renault still pulls a lot of looks because people don't know what they are. However they certainly get ignored by the boys in blue if that is the attention you are talking about

Have you driven a 250 yet? Is your wrex standard, or modified? 250 is not what I'd call sedate... Haven't been in a wrex for a while, but the ride will be comparable between the two. Pace and power delivery also pretty similar depending on mods.

The 250 cabin is certainly fresher and classier though, which I guess gives it an air of calm. Take one for a drive and you will soon if it ticks the boxes you want it to.

Overall though, awesome car, and crazy cheap for what you get.

Oh and make sure the one you buy has good tyres. Having to put that much power through the fronts only highlights crap tyres much more than AWD setup will, especially in the wet...

Have you driven a 250 yet? Is your wrex standard, or modified? 250 is not what I'd call sedate... Haven't been in a wrex for a while, but the ride will be comparable between the two. Pace and power delivery also pretty similar depending on mods.

The 250 cabin is certainly fresher and classier though, which I guess gives it an air of calm. Take one for a drive and you will soon if it ticks the boxes you want it to.

Overall though, awesome car, and crazy cheap for what you get.

Oh and make sure the one you buy has good tyres. Having to put that much power through the fronts only highlights crap tyres much more than AWD setup will, especially in the wet...

I actually went and drove one at a dealership - loved it. Interior is miles ahead of the WRX. Not sure how quick it really is, WRX is mildly tuned (200kw) so its surely quicker in a straight line. 

Really crappy pic, but here it is. 

20141223_170411.jpg[/url]

• Like 1

Sorry to say mate but the only place your WRX is going to beat the 250 is off the line if it is slightly tuned. And not by a great margin. Once the road has a few good corners the 250 will show it up. You've had your fun in an AWD. Now come over and sample the best FWD chassis $50k can buy. You will love it :nod:

• Like 2

And on that.... My mate has a tuned WRX - the RS is even faster off the line. Even with my old man behind the wheel replicating it.

I half think the Meg III has taken up the mantle of the WRX/EVO despite the differences in the drivetrain

• Like 1