Checking In With A New 2014 Megane Rs Cup 265

JTT

Hi everyone,

Have decided to sign up as I recently sold my 370z Roadster and have purchased an beautiful white 2014 megane cup brand spanking new.

My first impressions of the car are extremely good. It looks great, feels solid and drives like crazy.

Purchased the car straight off the lot at Col Crawford for a bargain last month (far below Renault's special at the moment). Really wanted a cup premium but this one was a steal and we agreed on retrofitting leather to the existing cup seats - that's been done and looks stunning as well so couldn't be happier.

In terms of mods - I can't resist them. Have put a pipercross panel filter in and have ordered Henk's Fastchip solution. He said he already has a map tailored to bp 98 - wonder if there are any users here of this map? ☺ What's the experience?

Currently at work on a mobile - will send some pictures through on the weekend latest.

Anyway, looking forward to contribute here.

JTT

Congrats and welcome to the forum. How was the 370 and how does the Megane compare? It's always good to hear what other cars are like to own as many of us won't ever have the privilege of owning one.

This is a great forum to be a member of and you'll find plenty of good gouge (info) on here. There's a track day coming up in Wakefield which I would love to get to but can't and NSW drive days organised often so you get to meet others with the same passion.

Thanks guys. Sounds great.

The 370z was a great drive, but much more of a tourer. As such, the driving characteristics were a different world. Less extreme despite bigger engine, and also less nimble (weight). Acceleration in the megane feels a lot stronger(turbo),but then it seemingly runs of revs a bit faster - the z is more linear. It was also super reliable. Never had a single issue with it over 4 years of ownership.

I am amazed at how special the megane feels - it's a hatchback for crying out loud! And now I've got two seats in the back for the kids too which is great.

So far absolutely no regrets about the swap - I get such a kick and enjoyment from driving that little torque machine ☺ and it's just better placed to deal with city traffic as well.

Really wanted a cup premium but this one was a steal and we agreed on retrofitting leather to the existing cup seats - that's been done and looks stunning as well so couldn't be happier.

Welcome mate, I recently bought the same spec but in LY, also off the lot and considerably less than the factory order.

Hmmmm..........didn't think of the aftermarket leather option (my old 225 had this done and was excellent quality), but still happy with the regular cloth seats, very firm and supportive. 

Xeno, they charged me about 2.2k for the leather job.

What you can't see on the picture is that the stitching is indeed red, the seating part is perforated and the headrest has the RS logo embroidered in it.

Can recommend this a recaro alternative :)

Edited by JTT

Yes, they did exactly the same with my 225, it was a great job and the leather I believe was better than the standard Renault leather at the time.....still looked like new when I sold it @ 7 years old.

Crazy, I just got into a RS250 Trophee a month ago from a 370Z Coupe as well! Enjoy the Megane!

Ha, small world. It's pretty rewarding isn't it? Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the Z but the Megane is just so enjoyably itchy and torquey to drive :)

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You've had the Cup 265 for awhile now. How's it going? Are you still happy?

Love it. Key improvement area is the exhaust note though. For me anyway. Various ways to fix it - I'm currently going the mid-range solution (catback). Mods are expensive (paying about 1900 installed for the Milltek option - the Labour is significant)

Apart from that it's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JTT
  • Like 1