New look site!!

PaulD

Do you agree on having a yellow/grey site with Renault Logo?  

1. 1. Do you agree on having a yellow/grey site with Renault Logo?

• Yes, lets go with it!
    • No, happy with current site

Given the feedback from the cards, i thought it was time to give the site a fresh look, and incorporate the logo etc from the cards along with Renault logo..

check out the link to the skin

http://demo.phpbbstyles.com/?style=151&noframes=1

This is an upgrade we could use, and maybe change the yellow to match the yellow (or orange ) of the cards...

The next step then is the gallery, which we may need to have the site hosted with our own account (there may be a small cost)..

So, feedback please, as we want the site to be inviting and easy to use!

Once we have a new look, and a gallery, well, what then??

:P

PaulD

I voted Yes,

i think having it tied in with our cards makes sense and will create a unity. i think that with the new skin a few things should be considered:

- change the gold to suit (as mentioned)

- change the dark grey to a lighter grey (i think the light colours on the current skin really make the page crisp and fresh, the other one was abit dark and gothic looking)

a gallery would be great. some forums ( aussiefrogs, qldstreetcar spring to mind) and few others have the abiity to upload pictures from your computer into a thread, no need for seperate hosting, is this a possibility?

i think it is great the way this site is really starting to take off and evolving into quite a nice feature for renault sport owners.

Yeah I like that skin.. A bit of customising would look the biz..

Hands up whos a whiz at photoshop?? If I can download the skin, and email the psd file to you along with the card graphics, could anyone help out with that??

I have more chance of flying to the moon than doing anything creative with photoshop.. :?

And oneone to assist with the ftp of the website to update the files?? Bit trickier than straight html IMHO..

:oops:

PaulD

Hands up whos a whiz at photoshop?? If I can download the skin, and email the psd file to you along with the card graphics, could anyone help out with that??

You can leave it in my capable hands matey :wink: I designed the cards afterall!! :D

Just send me whatever you need to and I'll work on it - just have to give me a little bit of time (say a week or so at the moment). In fact, I'm prepared to take care of anything to do with the photo/graphic nature of this site.

Cheers, Dish.