Hidely-ho

cjgraham92

Hi guys,

My name is CJ i've been a bit of a lurker on the site thought i'd post up a message to say hi. I currently own a MKV Golf and i'm looking to get rid of it for a Renault. I go driving every weekend in my best friends' clio 182 and it is so much fun to drive.

I love the r26 Megane's but am struggling to find any with low km's - can anyone help me out?

CJ.

Welcome mate!

Great choice in the R26 - unfortunately there aren't many around so you'll have to play the waiting game.

What do you consider to be low kms?

Welcome mate!

Great choice in the R26 - unfortunately there aren't many around so you'll have to play the waiting game.

What do you consider to be low kms?

Thanks for the response mate and thanks!

I'm a wishful thinker in looking for something with 60,000 or less. The nearest i've seen is the one in ACT which I absolutely love. It looks so good.

^ yup, hard to find one with low kms. i would classify under 70,000kms as low. u've got a sexy beast so tell me you're not gonna want to drive it! :)

but those who have high kms still look spankingly in great condition.

lowest km car atm is an OZRS forum member, which you most certainly had the pleasure of viewing:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... =3&sdmvc=1

drool material that

^ yup, hard to find one with low kms. i would classify under 70,000kms as low. u've got a sexy beast so tell me you're not gonna want to drive it! :)

but those who have high kms still look spankingly in great condition.

lowest km car atm is an OZRS forum member, which you most certainly had the pleasure of viewing:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... =3&sdmvc=1

drool material that

It is incredibly clean I love it. Can anyone shed some light on the engine? I recently serviced my golf (which is by no means a performance model - 1.9tdi) and the timing belt kit was 1000, brake pads 200 each, starter motor 1000, and 450 for the 105,000 km service. From what I can gather the megane's are quite similar in terms of maintenance cost.

Are the engines known to run up big miles if maintained?

CJ.

^ Adam's car above (spaleta_9 on here) is absolute stunning has has a perfect mod sheet. It's immaculate and has just been freshly serviced, I believe.

There are plenty of Clio 2s running around with 200k + km, and the Megane runs the same basic engine with obvious differences (turbo etc) so would expect similar mileage.

Have a search in the Megane II section for the threads on what to look for when inspecting Meganes. IIRC the biggest issues are engine mounts, uneven rear tyre wear and clutch failure.

It looks pretty clean - not sure i'm up for the drama of importing a car/ going all the way to NZ to inspect it. Thanks for the link though.

How do those F1's stack up? all of the ones i've seen online are cheaper than the 225 cup's. Do they not have the cup chassis and extras?

^ Those F1s are awesome. They have the Cup suspension but not the LSD (R26 is the only Meg II to have the LSD).

Not sure why they're so cheap.

^ Those F1s are awesome. They have the Cup suspension but not the LSD (R26 is the only Meg II to have the LSD).

Not sure why they're so cheap.

I kind of assumed they were lacking in one way or another (or that no one wanted the awesome blue) because they are just generally cheaper than the standard cups.