My new RS

benst

Hi all,

I just got a 225 Cup and have driven 1450km in almost 2 weeks. What an awesome car! All I want to do is drive it. I sit in my office looking out the window at the West Gate Bridge just wishing I could be driving on that road on my way to the GOR. I drove it around the Melbourne F1GP track under construction before 6am and it sticks to the road like glue. It really blows me away! If any of you have seen Top Gear and the way Jeremy Clarkson reacts when he drives something with stacks of power (supercar obviously with considerably more power than my 2T) then I'd say you've got a good idea of how I feel every time I drive my new car - it's got about 55% more power than my previous car so it's quite a step up.

Last September I ordered a VW Golf GTI which was due for delivery in about Feb/March this year. In mid-January VW rang me to tell me my car wouldn't be built until early April meaning delivery in June or later. So I went looking for alternatives. I never considered the Megane 225 originally because it didn't get very good reviews compared to the VW Golf particularly in the handling department. But in January the Megane 225 Cup was available and it had fixes for most of the issues that reviewers had complained about, and after a test drive I was in love!

This thing has so much power and the noise it makes when you floor it is really quite intoxicating.

I could rave all day about it, but I'm sure you guys get the picture.

I forgot to add that my wife will be getting the Golf GTI that I ordered originally so it will be interesting to compare mine and hers.

Just rub it in mate.. :)

Welcome to the RSM club :)

I too was originally looking at the Golf GTI, i wasnt prepared to wait 8 months or more!!! I tried convincing my father who was in the market to get the GTI as well but he didnt like it. We just went test driving the new Jetta turbo.. guess what? He likes it a lot more due to it's sedan shape!!! The Jetta is about 90% of the GTI in terms of handling and performance.. and 3K cheaper too... and it's available for delivery in a few weeks if you order one now..

I forgot to add that my wife will be getting the Golf GTI that I ordered originally so it will be interesting to compare mine and hers.

G'day Benst,

great to have another 225 in Melbourne. It certainly looks like we'll have to organise a vic 225 drive day now we have at least 5 or so of them around. You have a very special situation as you'll be able to let us know just how good the two cars are on a day to day basis.

Welcome along, oh and check out meganesport.net too, there's a few of us here on it and the poms have loads of info at their fingertips.

cheers

Dave

benst,

What colour? Which dealer?

I know the feeling. Welcome.

It's Bloody Orange, as I like to call it. I bought it from Oakleigh Renault in Vic, for just under $44.4k on road with tint, which was $3.2k less than RRP on-road.

Ben

Welcome benst. I bought my 225 from Oakleigh. Do you recall the salesman's name? I found them to be a very helpful team. I knew my 225 was going to be fast, as it already has a police record. The team there had collected 3 speeding fines in it while using it as a demo!

Welcome benst. I bought my 225 from Oakleigh. Do you recall the salesman's name? I found them to be a very helpful team. I knew my 225 was going to be fast, as it already has a police record. The team there had collected 3 speeding fines in it while using it as a demo!

Hey dude!

The salesman was Sebastian. He was extremely helpful with introducing me to the car, including all the interior features and controls, and everything I need to worry about under the bonnet. Compeletely the opposite to the last 3 cars I've bought new.

Yeah, Sebastian sold me my RSM. He was really insistant that I book a pick up time when he would be available, and he spent a good 2 hours with me. Did they have their dressed up Clio yet. He told me that they were going to get an F1 theme painted on one of the Clio demo's they had there.

Yeah, Sebastian sold me my RSM. He was really insistant that I book a pick up time when he would be available, and he spent a good 2 hours with me. Did they have their dressed up Clio yet. He told me that they were going to get an F1 theme painted on one of the Clio demo's they had there.

They sure do, I saw it in Ringwood last weekend. Looked pretty loud!! :)