New Clio 172 owner!

Braymac

G'Day all!

My name is Braden, I'm a short term lurker brought to these forums by my friend "My Name is Earl".

My previous ride history had been pretty varied; I started out with a 1997 Subaru Impreza sportswagon, which I loved to pieces and eventually traded in when I found out the big end bearing was on its way out. I traded that in for a 2003 Mazda 6 Luxury Hatch, which was definitely quite an upgrade in most respects but I probably listened to others a little too much and after 50,000km/1.5 years decided to move it on. A family sized front wheel drive sedan with an auto gearbox just wasn't cutting it for me (though they really come alive with a manual trans).

I needed something relatively practical, it only had to carry 2 people in comfort max, and most of all I wanted something quick through corners and general speed. And manual! And that's about the time that "My Name is Earl" started telling me about the Renaultsport Clio's, and the more he told me the greater my interest.

A couple of weeks went by, and I found one I wanted to check out-"Earl" organised forum mod Dish to come with me for an inspection and test drive-what a great pair of blokes :)

As it transpires, Dish knew the owner and the car as they were also on the forum. By the end of the next week, following much drama for me disposing of the Mazda and Iluszn obtaining RWC for the Clio.

The drama didn't end there though, as on the day of pickup I made a bank transfer to Iluszn albeit I stuffed up and left two digits off the end..not to worry, he allowed me to pay him a cash deposit, he retained all the rwc/transfer forms and I dropped by early the next week with the balance. I may have only had experience with 3 members of the forum here, but it all points toward this being an awesome community of people and I'm looking forward to being a part of it :) and It goes without saying I'm extremely grateful and thankful for the generosity and support I've received from relative strangers! Like nothing I've experienced before :)

My intentions with the car is to do justice to the mods and maintenance Iluszn has painstakingly carried out with the car, and with a couple of peace of mind parts replacements or upgrades, a couple of track days here and there. I'm absolutely loving the car!

Sale thread: http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=26308

My Members ride thread: http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26612&p=434957#p434957