Clio 172 newbie in Brisbane

jvl81

Hi all

I've just recently picked up a silver 2003 Clio Sport as a track/fun car (don't want to use my Golf GTI on the track - too risky for me). I've only had it for a week so haven't had much of a chance to drive it yet; but I must say I'd always knew they were a great car but I didn't realise just how great the chassis and engine are :o

Given I'm going to be using it as a track car its going to be a bit of a work in progress but the first things on my list are to replace the steering wheel and drivers seat.

Are there many members in SEQ that get out to the track days? At this stage I'm probably going to look at doing either a Stokell or QR/Lakeside day in March.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Hi all

I've just recently picked up a silver 2003 Clio Sport as a track/fun car (don't want to use my Golf GTI on the track - too risky for me). I've only had it for a week so haven't had much of a chance to drive it yet; but I must say I'd always knew they were a great car but I didn't realise just how great the chassis and engine are :o

Given I'm going to be using it as a track car its going to be a bit of a work in progress but the first things on my list are to replace the steering wheel and drivers seat.

Are there many members in SEQ that get out to the track days? At this stage I'm probably going to look at doing either a Stokell or QR/Lakeside day in March.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

There's usually 4 or 5 of us at any given QR Street Sprints event, so you definitely won't be alone.

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24011&hilit=street+sprints

Awesome to hear hopefully will see you all at the track within the next few months then... just need to get a few things sorted first.

Thanks Wade - yeah I'd heard about those defectable issues and conveniently found last night that the seat goes down which has made it a bit better so might see how that goes for a while.