welcome to ozrs

e.Sport

Not so new but I dont think i ever introduced myself so here goes.

Hi, I'm David, 25, aries, like long walks on the beach etc etc and a proud owner of a 2002 black 172 mk2 since October. i'v lurked about this website for awhile and while i've only posted the odd smartass remark, find OZR great for keeping myself informed. Excellent work guys.

Still thinking whether to attend a drive day as never been and not sure if i can keep up with you fanatics. :)

Not so new but I dont think i ever introduced myself so here goes.

Hi, I'm David, 25, aries, like long walks on the beach etc etc and a proud owner of a 2002 black 172 mk2 since October. i'v lurked about this website for awhile and while i've only posted the odd smartass remark, find OZR great for keeping myself informed. Excellent work guys.

Still thinking whether to attend a drive day as never been and not sure if i can keep up with you fanatics. :)

Well hello David,

As i said in the pm, don't be shy - everyone is great here and easy to talk to... well, most have one thing in common - a RenaultSport. Thats about all you need to know.

And come to the next drive day on March 5th - it isn't a race (although the VWs thought so on the last one....). So, it isn't so hard to keep up. Also great to learn the abilities of your car since you haven't had it long. Hope you can make it!

Its not a race so no problems keeping up! If you like driving fairly quick but not overly so, make sure you're at the drive on 5/3 :wink:

This Newbies section is a great idea, most forums usually have one :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

A first post from a member who has only just discovered your site.. it was suggested to me by one of the renault salesmen as I was ogling at the Renaultsport Clio at the Brisbane Motor Show recently. I'm currently in my 3rd year of university (that being the main reason procluding me from owning a clio now) studying town planning. At present, I own a 1992 Mazda 323 Familia GTX, a car, which in its own right, has a lot of potential as a hot hatch. It's awd and turbo.. something I often love, but many times love the idea of getting away from.. I like the idea of a newer car like the clio, which has plenty of power as it is, but also awesome handling and less complications (than a turbo). Hopefully I'll be in the right situation at the end of uni to help me purchase one of these little beasts.. :mrgreen:

By the looks of it, you have an awesome forum here!

-Luke.

Hi guys,

A first post from a member who has only just discovered your site.. it was suggested to me by one of the renault salesmen as I was ogling at the Renaultsport Clio at the Brisbane Motor Show recently. I'm currently in my 3rd year of university (that being the main reason procluding me from owning a clio now) studying town planning. At present, I own a 1992 Mazda 323 Familia GTX, a car, which in its own right, has a lot of potential as a hot hatch. It's awd and turbo.. something I often love, but many times love the idea of getting away from.. I like the idea of a newer car like the clio, which has plenty of power as it is, but also awesome handling and less complications (than a turbo). Hopefully I'll be in the right situation at the end of uni to help me purchase one of these little beasts.. :mrgreen:

By the looks of it, you have an awesome forum here!

-Luke.

Haha - doesn't this just sound like me about 6 months ago....

Dude, you HAVE to get away from the Forum - It will make you want one even more! Interesting that a Dealer mentioned us before the sale - but good on them!

Hope you one day have the $$$ to get a RSC - maybe even the new 197.

Welcome

Yeah, he was a nice fella. I got talking to him about the RS Clio V6.. he was telling me that one existed in Brisbane - I almost passed out in shock. Thats a big dream of mine.. one day, I guess you never know. In the near future though, I really love the idea of a RSC 182 or similar.. they are such a sporty little car, and still very sophisticated as well - great if you're a professional or similar (which I shall be by the end of uni). Bit of a question - are there many students with clios on here? I'd love to know how they do it.. if thats the case.. haha.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

-Luke.

Yeah, he was a nice fella. I got talking to him about the RS Clio V6.. he was telling me that one existed in Brisbane - I almost passed out in shock. Thats a big dream of mine.. one day, I guess you never know. In the near future though, I really love the idea of a RSC 182 or similar.. they are such a sporty little car, and still very sophisticated as well - great if you're a professional or similar (which I shall be by the end of uni). Bit of a question - are there many students with clios on here? I'd love to know how they do it.. if thats the case.. haha.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

-Luke.

Haha - Soooooooo true. And yes, My car does rate well in the work car park! 2nd year Student - working as a Leasing Consultant/Property Officer (I do most of the other guy's work!). And, I pay it off - week by week :cry:

Mind you - My work gave me an increase in Car Allowance... to fund the change from 1.6L to 2.0L. How awesome!

And yes, the clients like it too :wink: