Hullo! (another new (pommie) is on the scene...)

steviep

Alright guys and girls, some guy called e.sport pointed me in this direction from the UK Cliosport site (http://cliosport.net) and seeing as I'm travelling and currently in Sydney I thought I should drop in and say hello....

I have been a Renault owner for a few years now, started off with a Mark 1 (1991) 1.4 RT Clio, and more recently I managed to get my hands on a 2001 plate Flame Red RS Clio 172. I've been away from the UK since the end of September and I am missing my car so so so so much! I've seen a handful of 172 & 182's around Sydney so far, they are very rare but when I see one I go really nuts and start jumping around like a little kid, all my (ex-) friends think I'm quite strange, but they wouldn't understand I guess...

Anyway, my car back home is in the process of being fixed up thru its MoT and then she's got to be sold as I need the cash to travel more of this hot and rather large country, plus I can't afford to keep her garaged up and I probably won't be able to afford to fix any little problems when I (eventually) return back to the UK... The plan is to keep most of the cash I get from the sale of my 172 and whenever I return just buy another 172, or perhaps a 172 Cup or maybe even a Mark 1 172 if cash is a bit tight... Hell I might even go old school and buy a Clio Williams... Anyhoo, thats going to be in a while so anything could happen..

I haven't had time to read many posts on this forum yet, but I'm sure its going to be interesting to see what your scene is like over here, as I haven't seen many Renault's over here at all they must be quite exclusive! Think I've seen a red Renault 19 potter about Sydney a bit, but I've not seen anything else but new shape Clio's and some new shape Megane's.

There are some pics of my Clio on my picture gallery (http://steviepee.smugmug.com/gallery/968135) and I even managed to spot a 182 with stripes in Sydney in time for me to snap a pic of it...

41486937-M.jpg

Anyway, I will be browsing this forum if I can get time, and if you see a pommie frantically waving at you in your RS Clio, be nice and pull over for me so I can have a little test drive :wink:

Nice to meet y'all...

P.S. I'm thinking of heading down to Melbourne soon, anyone know if its going to be easy for me to grab a bartending job there?...

Hey Steve, welcome.

While you're here why don't you hitch a ride with someone on a drive day? I'm sure we could arrange something. Keep an eye on the social events forum.

You'll get to see what the Clios can do on Sydney's real roads (which aren't anywhere near the city) :mrgreen:

Hey Stevie welcome to our little RS community! :)

The Renault scene over here is alot smaller than it is over in the UK, but it is growing. Especially the Renault Sport market which has benefitted from alot of eager reviews from our local motoring mags.

After viewing pics on your I must ask, how do you find the front induction mod sticking out the front bumper when raining or in heavy rain? Any problems etc? Just that I'm thinking of doing similar but sitting the intake behind the grill.

No probs with that air intake thing mate, I know it rains a lot in the UK but it doesn't make any extra probs! It can either be used to guide air into the existing air solenoid that leads up to the standard airbox, or can be coupled along to a smaller piece of air ducting that in turn can be pointed at any open air/enclosed induction kit. I used to have an ITG Maxogen Induction kit, which was regarded as the best (although most expensive) IK in the UK...

I guess if you used a metal gauze it would help any mice or rats getting sucked up! To be honest the air feed didn't really make any difference to throttle response, none that I could notice anyway. It looks good though IMO!

It'd be cool to see what the open roads are like out of the city yeah, I will keep an eye on the social events forum, if anything is local then I'll post something to see if I can grab a ride with someone.

Is anyone going to that sydney car festival on saturday/sunday? I'm thinking of going, will it be worth going to? Was thinking it'd be interesting to see what the crazy car modding scene is like over here... And to take advantage of the nice weather and the ladies (who aren't wearing much)....

Oh and something I forgot to say, this forum looks nice and smart, very tidy on the eye, unlike the UK CS forum!

Thanks Stevie, yeah I've got a K&N Apollo kit on the way and was thinking of ducting it down towards the front grill or through the passenger fog lamp. Will see how I go but thanks anyway!

Oh and you having an ITG would make alot of people around here jelous, if only they were cheaper around here!

Alright guys and girls, some guy called e.sport pointed me in this direction from the UK Cliosport site (http://cliosport.net) and seeing as I'm travelling and currently in Sydney I thought I should drop in and say hello....

I have been a Renault owner for a few years now, started off with a Mark 1 (1991) 1.4 RT Clio, and more recently I managed to get my hands on a 2001 plate Flame Red RS Clio 172. I've been away from the UK since the end of September and I am missing my car so so so so much! I've seen a handful of 172 & 182's around Sydney so far, they are very rare but when I see one I go really nuts and start jumping around like a little kid, all my (ex-) friends think I'm quite strange, but they wouldn't understand I guess...

Anyway, my car back home is in the process of being fixed up thru its MoT and then she's got to be sold as I need the cash to travel more of this hot and rather large country, plus I can't afford to keep her garaged up and I probably won't be able to afford to fix any little problems when I (eventually) return back to the UK... The plan is to keep most of the cash I get from the sale of my 172 and whenever I return just buy another 172, or perhaps a 172 Cup or maybe even a Mark 1 172 if cash is a bit tight... Hell I might even go old school and buy a Clio Williams... Anyhoo, thats going to be in a while so anything could happen..

I haven't had time to read many posts on this forum yet, but I'm sure its going to be interesting to see what your scene is like over here, as I haven't seen many Renault's over here at all they must be quite exclusive! Think I've seen a red Renault 19 potter about Sydney a bit, but I've not seen anything else but new shape Clio's and some new shape Megane's.

There are some pics of my Clio on my picture gallery (http://steviepee.smugmug.com/gallery/968135) and I even managed to spot a 182 with stripes in Sydney in time for me to snap a pic of it...

41486937-M.jpg

Anyway, I will be browsing this forum if I can get time, and if you see a pommie frantically waving at you in your RS Clio, be nice and pull over for me so I can have a little test drive :wink:

Nice to meet y'all...

P.S. I'm thinking of heading down to Melbourne soon, anyone know if its going to be easy for me to grab a bartending job there?...

that some guy would be me :wink: welcome finally to ozrs. when you get to melb give us a holler.

:mrgreen: e.sport

hey e.sport! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of these forums!

If I am still in Sydney for that date I will try to get a ride in someones car.

Am pondering to stay in sydney for a month or two, go to melbourne and try to get work in a bar, or go do some fruit picking so i can stay here an extra year...

Not seen any rs clios for ages, over a week now, where are you all!?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey up Steve.... :D ...How u doin mate???

Me and Rachel are heading out to Sydney on 31st March...PM me and let me know where u are and we can meet up, also gonna try and meet up with Jan off WC...he's down in Melbourne.

And hello to the rest of the Club.

Hi Gaz, hows stuff back home? I'll keep an eye on this board and my PM's, I'm not sure if I will be in Sydney still by the end of March, might be in Melbourne, but give me an e-mail or something and I'll give you my Oz mob number.

I thought pommie was pronounced pommie, never knew how it was spelt.. .Pome it is then? Thats like 'pome', as in like 'home'...

Anyway...

Pommie it is then! Who cares its a fun nickname..... isn't it!

Oulton Park!!! Oooohhh I like that track, was my first trackday and it was a well organised one (nice one gaz!) but we had wet weather for the morning and lunch so i had to take it easy, plus i had a standard 172 so i got a bit of a beating from some other cars, those pesky 306 rallye's kept getting away!

Have a nice day at oulton park, i wil try to get on willyclio.co.uk or cliosport to see how u lot get on. Remind yozza to keep his cup away from the tyrewall thou eh!

Cheers mate, Oulton is an excellent track and I'm looking forward to going back now I have the Nana to take instead of the Williams.... :D

Yoz isn't joining us on this one so he'll be safe.... :lol:....we do have a few of the 106/306 boys joining us again.

I was actually reffering to the frank walker from national tiles style "Hullo"

Prisoner Of Mother England= POME

I learnt it from my Yorkshire mates in Leeds... I beleive this is to be correct as far as my quizing goes.

and just trying to get some banter happening!!!