Another one

DrRazzle

Hi all,

Just wanted to finally say hi after being the very proud owner of an Extreme Blue 250 Cup Trophee for about a month. Have been through a couple of Renaults in the past and a few other assorted Frenchies but the RS replaced a Fiat 500 - 2.5 times the power is certainly noticable. While I entertained the thought of a Giulietta or a Focus RS the 250 looked like the perfect Goldilocks car (not to hot- Focus, not too cold - Alfa)

Unfortunately my joy has been limited to the daily commute for which it has been surprisingly docile but one of these days I need to get out early in the morning for a more spirited drive. Either that or I am going to need to take it round a track...

Almost every part of ownership has been superb apart from that crap stereo but I can see I am not the only one thinking about, or actually doing an upgrade.

Nice to see there are a few other RS's around my neck of the woods (Williamstown Vic), I have seen a black 250 a few times and parked either beside or in front of a Gordini so many times in the last month that I am wondering if it is a coincidence.

By the way, for anyone contemplating an RS, it looks sh :evil: t hot in blue, when I saw one in the flesh, I knew I wanted no other colour.

Raz

Hi Raz,

Very nice pick up. Pics here is fine to start... we always love to see them.

Anyways, make yourself at home, post and ask around...and enjoy your daily ride.

Cheers,

WOLF

Howdy Raz, congratulations on discovering the worst kept secret of Aussie motoring, and our little fan club 8)

Hope you're both here for a while, and I'd personally love to see how your times on-track stack up against the Clio brigade.

Welcome :)

I've got a Blue RS250 on order... Should be here by late July. I agree, it's an amazing colour. A perfect blend of standing out enough to turn heads yet not enough to draw unwanted attention. Unfortunately I couldn't find a Trophee in the spec I wanted (all the options) which was already in the country so had to order one. I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait. You have to post up some pics in the Member Rides section, the only one I've seen is a basic Cup model at a dealer.

I do make my way around to Williamstown every now and then, I'll keep an eye out for your 250 :) Enjoy the car!!!

Thanks for the welcome all.

PBJ, I think blue is worth the wait. I drove the one they had at City and just bought that off the floor rather than wait until August. It has all the options.

Quick snap below, yes that is a tiny smudge of bird crap on the bonnet *sigh*

meganl.th.jpg

PBJ, I think blue is worth the wait. I drove the one they had at City and just bought that off the floor rather than wait until August. It has all the options.

meganl.th.jpg

Mmm. Cute. Love that colour. Imagine it with a full detail and polish...

meganl.th.jpg

Mmm. Cute. Love that colour. Imagine it with a full detail and polish...

Yeah, we were between washes...

Yeah I think I heard your car was allocated to City Auto but they didn't want to match the price Waverley Renault were prepared to offer so I thought I'd go with them instead. But I didn't expect them to anyway, I went through a contact of Waverley Renault's owner to get that price. I wish I had the car much sooner though, the wait is torture!

Looks stunning in that picture (wash or no wash)... Get many questions/head turns from randoms as you drive it around? I think that's the best thing about blue, noticeable enough to stand out among all the dreary bland cars on the road but restrained enough to not draw unwanted attention when you park it somewhere etc.

Welcome Raz, great choice of car & colour. I've always maintained that Extreme Blue just adds some extra drool factor to the 250. Please don't keep us waiting much longer for some proper pics :wink:

By the way, for anyone contemplating an RS, it looks sh :evil: t hot in blue, when I saw one in the flesh, I knew I wanted no other colour.

Had a similar experience when buying my AG 200 :mrgreen:

Congrats on the car! The Blue stays true to Renault's flag ship colours, and it still turn heads while staying that little bit not over the top kinda attention. Would've been my second choice in colour if I didn't already have my heart set on the yellow. Enjoy.