Sending pm's

trixie

Hi, I'm new, only 10 posts thus far, and still can't seem to send other members a PM. I click 'compose message' and only get the words 'no message'

Do I need more posts or admin approval?

TIA

I tried to contact admin but only one accepts emails and hasn't replied. Never mind - will try and contact sellers another way :)

Sorry Deb, I have a list of tabs on the left, one of which says 'compose message'. In the field to the right it simply says 'no message' and I'm unable to write anything.

Likewise if I go via a members profile page, none have a 'send pm' box while those that allow it have MSN (which I don't use) and the odd one has a send email envelope icon. Mystery!

Just effected newly registered members.

A update recommended by phpbb to fix the login problem was to set the newly registered users group to default permissions. Turns out that removed pm permission.

The login problem was apparently a person would register on the forum, access the forum member list and then use a spam bot to try and log in as them. So now new members cannot view the members list.

Now a funny thing - I can no longer view member profiles. Just noticed the hand doesn't appear over the Avatar any more. I could this morning after the pm thing was fixed, as I checked to see when somebody was last on-line.

Again, no biggie.