Photo Gallery perhaps?

Dish

Hi all,

Being one of the foremost photographic fiends in this clique, I couldn't help but notice that there are no images up yet! Does this forum software support the possibility of image galleries or albums like Yahoo's does? If so, I'd be happy to start contributing. Same goes for other kinds of documents & files too, I guess.

Also, if you would like to add some detail shots etc to spruce up the pages, to incorporate into backgrounds/textures/skins etc, please let me know.

Cheers, Dish.

Hey Dish,

Yep I definatley need some decent non-copyrighted or free to use for this forum type photos..

Any type of Renault Sport would be cool.. shoot them through to me - me@exstatic.net

As with the photo gallery, it can be an option in the future, we will just see how bandwidth goes on this first before we jump right in!

I might get some avatars up soon however to spice things up..

Are you missing all the adds in yahoo! yet?

Hiya - I'm assuming that that's you Brendan? Yeah, matey, I have quite a few pics of my own Clio Sport, but need to take a few more detail shots I guess. Since they are my pics I have no issue with copyright if they're used within this forum. Please let me know what resolution you need them scanned in at (and file format) and I'll get some out to you (eventually! very busy ATM you see).

Cheers, Dish.

• 1 month later...

So what do we need to do to create a folder system for photos on this site??

I would evetually like this site to become a bit like cliosport.net with FAQ, photos, forum and acticles etc.. without the max power 19's and pathetic bodykits..

Paulo

Hi all,

I've just sent Brendan 6 pics to get the ball rolling. I will get around to scanning some more from my archive eventually... and then there's also the new digital camera to play with too. But that means washing the Clio. And that means I need time off to clean it... and dry weather in which to do so! Challenges, challenges... I think i must be driving the filthiest Clio, with the exception of the 1600 Rally versions :lol:

I got the pics, thanks dish! ill have a play around with them on my spanking new laptop this weekend :P

what fuji cam did you get? Ive got the S5000, I brought it in gibraltar, was a bargain then, now they are cheap as chips, still and awesome camera tho!

The S7000 is a great camera, just not as much zoom..

New toys, for the both of you, nice one.

I've bought RAM and flash memory from YeahDone. The site looks very rudimentary, some might say dodgy, but their prices are the best I've found outside of eBay.

Thus far, I've not had any issues with my purchases (both the branded stuff and the cheaper generic ones).

Brendan, with a laptop, I would probably go with known brand of RAM since I've found them to be fussy with the generic stuff. However, Dish, for a digital camera , yumcha memory cards are fine unless you are shooting in RAW mode - could be a little slow between shots.

http://yeahdone.com.au/

Hi Brendan,

I got the S5000 too! Got mine from digital camera warehouse in NSW for just $535. Bargain deal for a superb camera. Does yours do 640x480 video? Cos mine (the box refers to it as the S5000Z, but the Z is missing from all other badging) only does 320x240 or something. The manual shows one model being able to shoot at the higher frame size.

Curious, Dish.

Hi No.2,

Thanks for the tip about RAW data. I'm using a SanDisk XD card in mine now, and it seems to work OK, even for burst shots.

Cheers, Dish.

Hey Dish,

Im pretty sure the s5000, and the s5000z are the same camera.. have a look on www.dpreview.com (i think) has a good write up about the camera. I can only do 320x240 video shots.. but that wasnt a factor in buying it and ive rarely used it, so 'maybe' it could do 640.. but i havent seen it anywhere.

Its an awesome camera, takes some impressive shots! Im trying to source some lenses for it at the minute actually, ebay occasiaonlly has some, but I havent seen them sold locally anywhere.

One thing that really sold me on the camera was RAW.. what a great feature! even though this is only native 3.1mpx, i still think it compares well with the Canon G5.

I also bought last week a USB key that takes the xD cards, was $10 off ebay, and is quite compact and fits on my keyring, id recomend getting one.

• 1 month later...

i'd just like to add my support for a gallery area, got a stack of pics from various runs, track days etc and some of an RCS lapping Le Mans in July. Willing to put in the yard formatting etc if need be...

Cheers

no worries mate, i understand the time that goes into it, i know i'm lazy enough with my own rec. sight, if you want to farm out any of the work load that i may have a chance of understanding i'd be happy to have a look at it...

• 2 months later...

In the absence of a proper photo gallery in here, how do you post pictures here from your own computer? ie not linked to another website... frustrated also by the avatar never working for me!! Any ideas peeps?

Cheers, Dish.

at the moment you wont be able to put pictures from your computer on here unless they are hosted somewhere else

avatar? i am not sure? is it too big? there is a size requirement

There is a thread on the avatar thingy, i followed that to get mine to work.. has to be small enough and it took a bit of fiddling to get it right. i've got mine hosted on some avatar hosting site, don't really get it but it works... :roll:

as for the gallery, i've been the the phpBB site and i can get the code to add one to the page along with some other cool stuff, but i don't have access to the actual code... so sort of hit a dead end with that one... if i had access i could get one up in a week or so...

anyone in the backroom willing to let me behind the curtain? 8)