Thirty+ years between Renaults

tborg

Hi - joined a couple of months ago but this is my first posting. Have returned to Renaults after 30 years - first Renault was an R8 back in the 70's - 1100cc engine with a 998 cc head, weber sidedraught carbie and Toyota Corolla extractors with lukey 37 muffler - member of the now defunct (I suppose) Renault Dandenong Car club. I can remember Watson and Mcpherson doing the old Rallies in their R8 1300 Gordinis - God what I would give to have one of those things. Finally my R8 (the week before I was going to fit a warm cam) was Tee Boned by a nut in a Holden Kingswood. OK moving on with life - got a son about to get his Red P's - live in Sydney - probably had too much to drink one night and now own a Phase 11 - MY03 in Pearl Black - very high mileage but its my toy to play with. Will have a bunch of questions over the coming weeks/months but wanted to let you know where we are at to start with. Cheers Guys and Gals - Terry

Welcome Terry,

While the dandy club is defunct, the Victorian club is still keeping on. Hope to see you around the traps sometime. Any plans to hillclimb or sprint the new toy?

Welcome Terry! You'll find a lot of info here 8)

We'll hopefully be having a Sydney meet soon, so get along to that to meet the crew & check out the other RSs.

What are you plans for the car? And is your son allowed to drive it? :wink:

Welcome Terry,

While the dandy club is defunct, the Victorian club is still keeping on. Hope to see you around the traps sometime. Any plans to hillclimb or sprint the new toy?

Hey Griff

Hillclimbs are my thing - still remember Paul England with some kind of monster VW with 2 engines doing it down in Vic - who knows if I live that long - maybe a retirement project.

Cheers Terry

Welcome Terry! You'll find a lot of info here 8)

We'll hopefully be having a Sydney meet soon, so get along to that to meet the crew & check out the other RSs.

What are you plans for the car? And is your son allowed to drive it? :wink:

Hey Walkie

Thanks for yr comments - will troll the site for next meeting details. Love to see some of the other stuff.

At the moment need to clean the car up - have done a couple of real basic things - got a company here in Sydney to polish the plastic scratched headlamp lenses - they did a great job in 2 days at $300/pair - since I had to take the front off the car anyway replaced a broken headlamp washer - pretty useless things but makes the car look more complete - plus got a spare key - key from France (4+ weeks), transponder ex stock Melbourne - cost you want to know.

Next step - get under the car this weekend to find out what is casing the exhaust rattle. Future plans - I really gotta repair the steering wheel thumb grips - wheel is OK but the grips have fallen apart - any ideas ?? And after that I need to change the timing/aux belts - car has done 170,000 kms - last belt change at 90 kms in 2007 so its more than time - until then keeping the revs below 5000. We'll take it from there after I get the unit back to reliable basics.

Is my son allowed to drive it ? Not without adult (ME) supervision - Cheers

Hi Terry,

Welcome and feel free to drop me a line if you need anything.

Things are a little slow at the moment due to some overseas personal issues, but they are now getting back on target.

So enjoy and see you around the forum.

Cheers,

WOLF

Hi Terry,

Welcome and feel free to drop me a line if you need anything.

Things are a little slow at the moment due to some overseas personal issues, but they are now getting back on target.

So enjoy and see you around the forum.

Cheers,

WOLF

Hi Wolf - seen yr name all over the site - will be needing yr help as soon as funds allow - hope yr personal stuff sorts itself - cheers Terry