Hey, My RS 172

JohnassanRS

Hey everyone, i'm new to Renault, i've spent alot of time under the hood of Civics and Commodores but thought its about time a bought myself something FUN lol.

Bought myself a nice 2003 RenaultSport Clio 172 about 2 months ago and i must say one of the first cars i've owned that just makes me smile when i drive it lol.

10/10 for styleing & 10/10 for performance.

I do have some planes, was thinking of getting the stripe kit for my car, thought it would look pretty cool in silver.

Also was thinking an intake and maybe something with the exhaust but as i said im new and to be truthful im still doing alot of research on the car to see whats out there and ofcorse what u guys have done that i can learn from.

Im open to suggestions guys, please tell me what u think of the car :D

garage.php?mode=view_image&image_id=279

garage.php?mode=view_image&image_id=280

garage.php?mode=view_image&image_id=281

garage.php?mode=view_image&image_id=282

garage.php?mode=view_image&image_id=283

Welcome aboard J,

Glad to hear you're enjoying your ride and then some.

Intake - seems most are looking at ITG and/or Clio ph 1 intakes and/or Clio V6 intakes.

Exhaust - these things are great as they are and as you have discovered. But if you're after a nicer note etc. then a good quality back box ($), or cat back system ($$$) may help there.

Make sure you leave surplus cash for servicing and parts...how many kms do you have on it?

Noticed your Drivers Side washer jet is missing it's ball mount... for example.

Send me an email if i can help with anything and feel free to read and ask around the forum.

We're all happy to help.

Cheers,

WOLF

Thanks guys, I've gone with a cat back from Liverpool exhaust that tuf182 kind of talked me into after driving his 182cup :D

my car has just rolled over to 79,000km and besides needing a new coil pack it's going great. With the ball joint for the washer I've actually decided to somehow remove the washer and replace with a cap on each side? Had it been done? Can anyone help?

Hey,

It was nice to meet you on Sunday man, the car looks just as good in pictures as in real life, haha... when you get your exhaust done, let me know, cause I would love to hear it! and hopefully i'll b able to amke a decision of what type of exhaust I want on mine

Talk To you Later :)

Hey mate, nice to meet you on Sunday! Be keen to see this exhaust too :wink:

Cheers,

With the ball joint for the washer I've actually decided to somehow remove the washer and replace with a cap on each side? Had it been done? Can anyone help?

The washer jet is $30 each - delivered.

The washer jet Blanks (that cover the holes) are $144 delivered. :shock:

Plus legally you need the washer jets - but that's a personal choice.

Cheers,

WOLF

The washer jet is $30 each - delivered.

The washer jet Blanks (that cover the holes) are $144 delivered.

Plus legally you need the washer jets - but that's a personal choice.

Cheers,

WOLF

WOW only $30? or did u mean $130? haha, may i please have a link as to where i can purchase them?

Also am i gonna have to take the bumper off? is there a thread on that? link please? :D

and yeah i know about th xenon n washer "law" may aswell abide by it :roll:

Hey mate, nice to meet you on Sunday! Be keen to see this exhaust too

Cheers,Hey mate, nice to meet you on Sunday! Be keen to see this exhaust too :wink:

Cheers,

Was great to meet u too Alex! i look forward to showing u my catback next meet/cruise :)

See my link below and send me an email with whatever parts you are after.

Email please... if PM i will just direct you to email anyways.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: yes you will have to remove bumper, there should be a link here somewhere. :wink: