Hi from perth

chicken

Hi guys i'm currently a corolla owner but that got hammered by the freak hail storm last month :( i'm pretty sure its a write off so i've been looking at (possibly) my next car...

i was looking at the vw mkv golf gti then a blue megane ii rs on the freeway got my attention :D

so yeah just saying hi and will be browsing the forums researching on the rsm 225 cup!

Drive it, love it, get it.

Just don't lose your licence.

Good luck on the hunt... pretty much guaranteed to get bang for buck more than ever nowadays.

Cheers,

WOLF

Welcome! The Meggy is great - you'll love it! And the Meggy comes with a spare - not full-size but IIRC it's bigger than one of those crappy space-savers :wink:

Hey There.....Welcome to the Forum !!

The P1 225 Cup had no spare tyre at all.....The R26 has the nice size (175) spare. Not sure exactly what all the other individual models do or do not have, you'd have to check or get other owners to post up. They do however have "room" for a "Full Size" spare, if you want to carry one.

Cheers - Dave.

Welcome fellow Perth-ite. Having driven the mkV GTI myself I have to say it's a damn fine automobile, and a great all-arounder. That being said, the 225 certainly has more pizazz and would probably leave the GTI in the dust, especially in a twisty place like Chittering. Ergonomics go to the Golf I'd say, but the Megane is more fun and definitely stands out among hum drum hatches. Also, GTI seems to be typically more expensive, especially with DSG. Frog yourself, you know you want to :).

Hi there and welcome from a WA RSM owner. You certainly wont regret driving or owning one and they are very addctive after the 1st drive. There is a nice blue F1 for sale at the moment on carsales which may be worth a look in. Best of luck with the hunt!

Cheers,

Justin.

thanks for the response guys. i prefer the 5 door version as its more practical. ive been looking through carsales for one and noticed this one:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dea ... 192A194CBF

i think the dealer made a mistake on the model because it looks like a 225 sport cup? looks like it has grey brembo brakes but the cup wheels are a different colour though. they listed the VIN can someone confirm its a sport or sport cup?

Definitely an early Ph2 Sport rather than an "AUTHENTIQUE"

Probably a regular 225 due to the silver wheels, non drilled discs .. Cup would have anthracite wheels and drilled discs. They do look great in black :nod: