FWD I'm back

Harls

After an extensive love affair with Beemers and an Audi I have taken the plunge and bought a FWD after nver saying I would buy one again (Had a Civic as a first car)! I am now the proud owner of a 2002 renault Clo Sport 172!

I am a Sydney man, love my track days and look forward to catching up with some fellow french car lovers!

Anyway, The car is like heroin to me at the moment! I am addicted!!

A couple of things:

- Second-hand parts, where can I find them, whats the best wrecker?

- Ipod/MP3 intergration to the origional sound system - has this been done, if so how and who?

- I have the rotten thumb grip deterioration, what's the best solution?

Cheers

Welcome. Hope you don't find a cure for your addiction anytime soon.

Parts. Yes, you'll sometimes need them. Aftermarket or OE?

Ipod integration, can be done, either with stock HU or replacement that keeps steering wheel controls.

Gaffer. Oops, wrong conversation, sorry. The wheels can be retrimmed, and that would be your best bet.

Welcome back to the bum-draggers' club Harls!

There aren't many wreckers around that have Renault parts - Wolf can sometimes source 2nd hand parts. Evilb (a member on here) has a few wrecks at his place that he sells bits from. Otherwise there are a few wreckers in Melbourne, but the names haves escaped me.

Keep an eye out for social events - drives, trackdays, meetups!

Any plans for the lil' beast?

- Second-hand parts, where can I find them, whats the best wrecker?

- Ipod/MP3 intergration to the origional sound system - has this been done, if so how and who?

- I have the rotten thumb grip deterioration, what's the best solution?

- EvilB , and sometimes myself, but rarely as i mainly deal in new genuine parts as well as some aftermarket gear all from UK and Europe.

- Ipod/MP3, as stated by above...there's aftermarket gear or if you want to keep you steering wheel controls there is a genuine options part available.

- Again as above, you can get it re-trimmed (if you can't find someone in Sydney you like, i have a fantastic trimmer up here in Bris)...or...since Renault no longer sell the thumb pads seperately, the only other option would be a new steering wheel.

Welcome aboard, here if you need me/us... and enjoy (as you seem to be doing) the ride! :dance:

Cheers,

WOLF