Love A Fast Clio

No152

Just found this.  Bodes well for future RS220 Trophy owners.  Who needs a $200k+ supercar to have fun...?  Nobody on this forum, cos we know the secret of our little French beauties...  :D

An interesting comparison of 220Hp (albeit in a race prepped one make car on slicks) versus an Audi R8 V10 with 520HP on the track. Who said the Clio IV was soft...?  lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkPqGooZKA

For the track...

post-20669-0-69158200-1431302970_thumb.jpg

And for the road...

post-20669-0-78916200-1431302987_thumb.jpg

Looks amazing in any colour (although I am little biased towards white with black roof...   :D )

• Like 1

Take her for a test drive - that will likely seal the deal... Everybody happy then :)

Unfortunately the 220 will not be anywhere close to the Clio CUP...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Likely true, but you could get one, add $35k in suspension, brake and transmission upgrades and still probably save $200k over the cost of the Audi.  Punching above its weight anyway you look at it, bringing affordable performance to mere mortals.

I am just so pleased that a manufacturer bothers to try.  In my opinion, it would be so much easier for a car maker to design and build a performance car to sell for $350k+ than to build one that is quick and fun to drive, selling for a fraction of that.  Sure lots try, but not too many seem to do it well.  

Luckily Renault seem to have turned fettling hot hatches into an art form!

I certainly, however, appreciate that the Clio Cup race car is a different (and faster) beast than the 220 will be off the showroom, as you point out.

• Like 1