Upcoming Forum Upgrade - help required!

Dish

Our webhost and site guru, exstatic, will very soon be doing a huge upgrade and revamp of our favourite RENAULTsport site :D

There are a host of new features being tried and tested and we'll do the upgrade overnight soonish so that we don't cause too much downtime for you all. (no date as to exactly when as yet)

One thing we'd really like to implement is a mini-spreadsheet/database feature to enable us to more easily keep track of all those lists we compile, like the limited edition registers and the Horsepower heroes leaders board for example. The thing is, we can't seem to find anything out there for the phpbb software to does this :?

So do any of you forum-heads recall any forums that have something like this feature?

Honestly Dish I think you'd be better off with a Wiki. I've been meaning to suggest it to you for a while now: I run several to great effect on a few of my sites, and they're a fabulous way to increase the content and value of the site. PM me if you'd like to hear my ideas on doing it for OzRS.

Sounds interesting! Had never considered it I gotta say... can you please PM me with some links for your sites NFG?

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance we can get a photos section with this upcoming forum upgrade?

I know this question has been asked before and we do have a gallery section that doesnt get used all that much. However if we had a photos section in the forum it would probably get used a lot more as it is in with the other forum sections.

Cheers

how would a photo section be different to the members rides section in the forum or the gallery that you click on from the front page that noone puts anything in?

im just curious, how would it work?

Members Rides - Replies are limited to Administrators only to ensure that threads are kept tidy

If it was just a generic photo section to post random pics and talk crap about the photos or whatever would be good.

Just like the latest mods thread really, but a section.

A photo plug-in has been discussed among the Admin team but how it will operate and what it would look like is yet to be determined. At this point the first stage of the upgrade (forum software and skin) will be rolled out shortly and the plug-ins will be added in stages.

It's high on the wish-list though.