Split the For Sale section

SiFi_new

This section isn't really THAT busy, is it?

I suppose not, but a lot of the threads turn into general discussion, or argy bargy over the car being too cheap/too exxy and destroying the resale of every other car on the road. Then the car is still for sale six months down the track after an owner refuses an offer which might actually be reasonable. Then there are the ones who whinge about things like the wiper blades not being replaced and it should be discounted to reflect this and that etc, when they never really had an intention of buying.

Surely genuine replies can be fielded via PM, email, phone or whatever, I don't think a lot of the general discussion is helpful in some cases.

i kinda agree with sifi here,

the for sale section should be just an 'ad' - its too easy for someone to say something quite negative about the car (which may or may not be true mind you) thus making it more difficult to sell the car. and alot of pointless banter goes on too which can detract from what is being sold. i.e. edits by the vendor may become 'lost' in the thread. and not easily recognised by a new potentiol buyer. PMs, email and phone numbers should be able to achieve everything required.

I also think that it may possibly be a good idea to split the for sale forum into Cars and Other, just to keep it neater for a newbie to find the cars that are still forsale, rather than being lost through countless ads for K-tec products that arent being sold by members, only advertised! (these posts should also be removed in my opinion)

the for sale section should be just an 'ad' - its too easy for someone to say something quite negative about the car (which may or may not be true mind you) thus making it more difficult to sell the car. and alot of pointless banter goes on too which can detract from what is being sold. i.e. edits by the vendor may become 'lost' in the thread. and not easily recognised by a new potentiol buyer. PMs, email and phone numbers should be able to achieve everything required.

I also think that it may possibly be a good idea to split the for sale forum into Cars and Other, just to keep it neater for a newbie to find the cars that are still forsale, rather than being lost through countless ads for K-tec products that arent being sold by members, only advertised! (these posts should also be removed in my opinion)

Mmmmmmmmm money does strange things to people - if you are that concerned about your fellow ozrenault-forum chums stuffing up a potential sale that dont post your car on here.

If we split the fourm out any more then it is going to be to difficult to keep track of everything - i already have to look in two differnt place for anything related to the megane, two different places for events, two different places for technical stuff (three if you include the ICE).

How many people spotted the Canberra event?

The For Sale section works ok as it is - lets not bugger about with things anymore than we need to.

Yep, if it concerns you then post it on Froggy forums- because that's exactly how they run their advert section. A larger audience there too.

Nup, not looking at buying, selling or tyre-kicking anything, the silver shopper does me, so it really doesn't concern me one stitch. It was just a suggestion to keep things tidy, concise, and fair to the vendor. The one section for cars making it easier to manage if that was to become a sealed section for vendor access only. If it happens to be a similar format to another forum, and it is a reasonable idea, is that bad?

As Samo says, if a vendor wants to edit their listing and it is cluttered with pointless replies things can get lost. Then they have the option of deleting and starting again with a clean slate, just a bit of stuffing around.

As mentioned before, it was just a suggestion. If it has legs it runs, if not, so be it.

Mmmmmmmmm money does strange things to people - if you are that concerned about your fellow ozrenault-forum chums stuffing up a potential sale that dont post your car on here.

If we split the fourm out any more then it is going to be to difficult to keep track of everything - i already have to look in two differnt place for anything related to the megane, two different places for events, two different places for technical stuff (three if you include the ICE).

How many people spotted the Canberra event?

The For Sale section works ok as it is - lets not bugger about with things anymore than we need to.

Yep, if it concerns you then post it on Froggy forums- because that's exactly how they run their advert section. A larger audience there too.

gonzo, it doesnt concern me too much mate! i just think it could be better than it is - thats all. I'm not so much for splitting the threads, (only if more people thought it was a good idea), i'm more for stopping people posting on for sale threads. there is no need for it, only makes it harder for everyone (vendors and potential buyers) in my opinion.