Clio II (172/182) e-tag location

justinb

all clios have it

in the middle of the windscreen about 10cm up form the dashboard, there is a square slightly larger then an E-tag which is free from the film. your best bet would be to sit in the drivers seat and move your head around and you will see it from different angles.

i just ot this photo from google

see where his toll pass is

Clio.JPG

so how does it work? I need to put a card on it?

Same thing as Auto toll ?

If you need to ask you probably don't need one...

Simply, there are readers on Sydney/Melbourne toll ways that transmit a signal that is read by the tag and a signal is sent back. Your account is then updated with the toll.

This technology has been shipped overseas... seems to work quite well.

we have them here to in brisbane... geez we are not that far behind

can use them on the Gateway & Logan motorway. saves you stopping at a toll booth and flicking money in. i would only get one if i went through the toll a couple of times a week.

we have them here to in brisbane... geez we are not that far behind

can use them on the Gateway & Logan motorway. saves you stopping at a toll booth and flicking money in. i would only get one if i went through the toll a couple of times a week.

That's me, i go to ipswich everyday, so where could i get the card?

its an "athermic" windscreen...

reflects LOADS of heat!!!

*mutters* Stupid film, I don't think it works that well anyways. But at the same time, it's taken away the ability to mount both a NAVMAN and a Etag at the same time!

I'm thinking if i can scratch/melt/anything away a patch behind the mirror so I can out the tag there....

*mutters* Stupid film, I don't think it works that well anyways. But at the same time, it's taken away the ability to mount both a NAVMAN and a Etag at the same time!

I'm thinking if i can scratch/melt/anything away a patch behind the mirror so I can out the tag there....

Good luck mate, i think its laminated between the sheets of glass... :)

Good luck mate, i think its laminated between the sheets of glass... :)

I have a spare chisel at home you can use...

• 2 months later...

i've put it up near the washer sensor , and both times today no beep

does it need to be placed over the 'clear' section at the bottom ( center) of the windscreen ?

thanks

jonathan

hehe...... thanks guys i had the same problemmmmmm.........

Kinda related, be careful putting metallic tints on the other windows too...my garage door opener doesn't work now unless I point it out of the hole next to the eTag or wind the window down and hang it out ! *laugh*

Cheers,

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As long as the tag is on the square part you shouldn't have a problem. Maybe your tag is faulty Ilya. I have an RTA E-Toll and it has never failed on me in 2 years and in all sorts of cars including the RSC now for 6 months.

Yeah I'd say you have a faulty Etag Ilya.

They have a warning at the RTA that some cars have metal windows, and Etags need to be placed in a seperate location.

You should be putting it in the square in the lower centre of the windscreen. You should have no problems then, I never have.

• 9 months later...

I used my Roam eTag today for the first time on the Sydney Harbour Tunnel, with it placed in the clear section at the base of the front windscreen, yet it didnt work. Had my girlfriend test it tonight on her way home in her Honda Civic on the M7, no dramas...

Silly question but, given the left windscreen wiper rests right through the centre of this clear window does that causs issues on any other RCS?

Any suggestions?