Forum Index

Pablo

For what it's worth these are my thoughts...

The Tech and Car Care index is a mash predominantly of Clio and Megane - As a Clio owner I don't really want to read Megane issues (and i'm sure it's the case vice versa) so would it be plausible to split Meg Tech and Clio Tech sections? Sometimes I do want to read about Megane issues, but at least if they were segregated then I have the choice of doing so.

Also I think too many tech articles end up in the 172/182 and Meg Indexes. Perhaps this is why? The Tech and Car Care category is so all encompassing that people choose to post in the vehicle specific areas which isn't necessarily the best spot for them.

In my opinion the Clio 3 index by comparison is right on track, the index only contains general chat, pros and cons of the car and photos. It isn't clogged with tech articles obviously because Renault Aust haven't sold them as yet.

For what it's worth these are my thoughts...

The Tech and Car Care index is a mash predominantly of Clio and Megane - As a Clio owner I don't really want to read Megane issues (and i'm sure it's the case vice versa) so would it be plausible to split Meg Tech and Clio Tech sections? Sometimes I do want to read about Megane issues, but at least if they were segregated then I have the choice of doing so.

Also I think too many tech articles end up in the 172/182 and Meg Indexes. Perhaps this is why? The Tech and Car Care category is so all encompassing that people choose to post in the vehicle specific areas which isn't necessarily the best spot for them.

In my opinion the Clio 3 index by comparison is right on track, the index only contains general chat, pros and cons of the car and photos. It isn't clogged with tech articles obviously because Renault Aust haven't sold them as yet.

Hmmmm.

I don't think forums can be split, but then again... we shall have a look. Good point once upon a time the forum in question had only info related to the 172/182. Since the intro of the 225 it has naturally drawn these topics. Thanks for the input.

Clio III forum is not quite spot on, but getting there.

Unfortunately the existing software doesn't allow for sub-forums, which would be exactly what we need to achieve this... I've wanted to do this for ages Pablo! Believe me when I say that it frustrates me no end. There must be a modification for it somewhere, but a] I need to find the time to find a suitable one, and b] I have no idea how to implement it once I find one! hehehe