General RCS q's

parky

Hi all, well im about to trade my car in for an new car, i have a 98 celica and previous to that own a worked swift gti.

Well from the reviews i have of the RCS i think that it would be a fantatic swap. Well alot of people questions the realibility and build quality of a RCS, i.e. rattles, electronic mishaps, airbag, suspension etc can anyone clarifiy with me on this points.Also is the driving position that bad?

Anyway please help convince me or it wil be 'cough cough'

the accord euro. :shock:

oh i also like the sleeper factor :twisted:

I think you can very much convince yourself into one if you drive it. The car will pick you if you are worthy. :D Because after that you probably will ignore thesmall bits and pieces that fall around you.

Such is the nature of this car, you either have the patience, heart and passion to deal with it. Or you ship out like a small animal.

To borrow a few words from Jeremey Clarkson. Yes the plastics are cheap, yes it rattles here and there, yes a piece of cardboard is used for the parcel shelf... because it is cheap. And you can not go faster for less.

But enough of that trying to make you nto buy one... :D to answer some of your qs...

Suspension problem doesn't happen to everyone.. i don't seem to have such a problem. The electronics are alright, apart from a few warning lights that pop up but it won't lock you out like an Alfa. It is a very reliable car for me so far, it has never died on me, never spat the dummy. I've had it for a year and a bit.

The engine will last forever, if you buy one with warranty it should cover for the small bits. Exhaust sometimes breaks, but replaced under warranty. There has never been an airbag issue as far as I know.

I'm not tryign to play down the faults... it has them and many. But none really really fatal. And most of the rattles you will have to live with.

But go and drive one, if it happen to choose you... you're in. If you are one of those who buys their cars with heart, then you are almost certainly going to buy one. Otherwise Accord is probably better for you.

Hi all, well im about to trade my car in for an new car, i have a 98 celica and previous to that own a worked swift gti.

Well from the reviews i have of the RCS i think that it would be a fantatic swap. Well alot of people questions the realibility and build quality of a RCS, i.e. rattles, electronic mishaps, airbag, suspension etc can anyone clarifiy with me on this points.Also is the driving position that bad?

Anyway please help convince me or it wil be 'cough cough'

the accord euro. :shock:

oh i also like the sleeper factor :twisted:

Sounds like a great deal...just do it! Couldn't agree more with Karls comments..some have nothing break or fall of and others have more than their fair share of issues...luck of the draw I guess.

On top of the sleeper factor and what you've gleened from reviews, it's also relatively cheap to insure IMHO and has excellent fuel economy. The driving position is only an issue if you are very tall. The seats are the best I've EVER had in any of my cars..superb.

You won't regret it!! :)

Cheers

David

Parky, my mk2 has only done just over 22,000K's but is now almost 3 years old and I have had no rattles or problems whatsoever. The only problem was the airbag light which has come on occassionaly which has been as a result of a lose wire around the stacker...Compared to my old 205gti the build quality has been fine...

cheers

AM

compared to your celica, the build quality won't compare but, the Celica is a Celica and the CLIO is a car.

I've had mine for 3 years and done 55000kms with no mechanical problems,

apart from rear pads wearing out after 20000km (will get dealer to rectify).

a lot of things give you the sh*ts about it but, that all goes away when you give it a boot full. Mine has quite a few squeaks and rattles in the interior that after about 30000km the dealer refused to even look at but, it hasn't gained any new rattles or squeaks and the ones that are there are the same!

servicing at a dealer is reasonably cheap, genuine spares are cheap ($300 for a windscreen), they go, they stop, they steer and don't use a lot of fuel.

Insurance is cheap as it is for the Megane 225. It's a sleeper and it isn't particularly popular for thieves for the spares market. Driving position is different but, after a day or two driving it, it's fine.

I reckon you should get one, you'll love it, unless you get a really bad one!