Newbie 197

ayejay

Hey all. Just picked up a 197 in Sydney. Aiming to get on track next year. Will hopefully take the rest of this year to sure up anything the car needs and save some money for consumables. 

Any advice appreciated I believe the car has got the maf sensor mod to make sure it sticks and a better motor mount. Currently on nankang semi slicks that are atrociously loud lol. Other than that not to sure. I'm not the most mechanical minded but hoping to learn more with the car. 

Cheers! 

PXL_20240401_004120825.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ayejay said:

Hey all. Just picked up a 197 in Sydney. Aiming to get on track next year. Will hopefully take the rest of this year to sure up anything the car needs and save some money for consumables. 

Any advice appreciated I believe the car has got the maf sensor mod to make sure it sticks and a better motor mount. Currently on nankang semi slicks that are atrociously loud lol. Other than that not to sure. I'm not the most mechanical minded but hoping to learn more with the car. 

Cheers! 

PXL_20240401_004120825.jpg

Welcome ..

You will find plenty of information and good advice here.

To start with -

1. Get some Yokohama AD09 or Hankook RS4 or Dunlop Direzza tyres for the car - great for both road and track and all are fast tyres, unlike Nankangs.

2. For mechanical work - go to Renotech in sydney.

3. Do an advanced high performance driving course (unless, of course, you drive like Ayrton Senna !!)

40 minutes ago, slick said:

Welcome ..

You will find plenty of information and good advice here.

To start with -

1. Get some Yokohama AD09 or Hankook RS4 or Dunlop Direzza tyres for the car - great for both road and track and all are fast tyres, unlike Nankangs.

2. For mechanical work - go to Renotech in sydney.

3. Do an advanced high performance driving course (unless, of course, you drive like Ayrton Senna !!)

Thanks mate. 

My issue is the tires have plenty of life so I can either a find some wheels and Chuck some road tires and save the current set for inevitable track day. Or use them until I have to replace. 

RenoTech is on my list def

I definitely do not drive like ayrton ahaha. Any suggestions on high performance driving courses in Sydney? 

19 hours ago, ayejay said:

Thanks mate. 

My issue is the tires have plenty of life so I can either a find some wheels and Chuck some road tires and save the current set for inevitable track day. Or use them until I have to replace. 

RenoTech is on my list def

I definitely do not drive like ayrton ahaha. Any suggestions on high performance driving courses in Sydney? 

re driving courses - I'm from Melbourne so not familiar with Sydney stuff - suggest you do a web search.

Welcome, I think that might be my old car. I spent a fair bit fixing up some issues a few years back, so hopefully it's running well these days. Great, fun cars to drive, enjoy!

2 hours ago, PBerm said:

Welcome, I think that might be my old car. I spent a fair bit fixing up some issues a few years back, so hopefully it's running well these days. Great, fun cars to drive, enjoy!

thanks mate! i bought it off a gentleman around the Newcastle area who used it for some hill climbs. not sure if hes a member on here though. car seems to be real tight and running great as far as im aware. no knocks or rattles but ill be getting a service in abit just to start fresh and have peace of mind so hopefully its a clean bill of health!