K&N pod filter and blanking plate install

CRMZN

Hi everyone, my 2005 megane rs225 is a dream for a first car. I was wondering if i'd need an adapter to fit my k&n filter I recently bought. the model is RG1001rd 3-4" pod filter. I'm planning to take the airbox out and put just that. Do any of you guys know what to do? and I also got a blanking plate so i'll get those yummy flutters and block off the vacuum from the recirc but has anyone really done it and does it give you an engine light? and if it does would it put the car to limp mode? I really want to hear that turbo and I'm not sure what to do since my mechanic said it isn't much of a good idea and it'll be too much effort as well as because of the fact I have a blanking plate the car would go on limp mode. Any ideas or reccomendations?

Attached below is some of the things i need to pay attention, Is it worth it to do things w the car or not? Pod filter and blanking plate is there too 😛

E5077321-7C3D-454B-A3F0-6328C19062FF.png

DBFEBA40-DECC-443F-A4E6-D104849B12E9.jpeg

On 02/12/2022 at 8:39 PM, CRMZN said:

Hi everyone, my 2005 megane rs225 is a dream for a first car. I was wondering if i'd need an adapter to fit my k&n filter I recently bought. the model is RG1001rd 3-4" pod filter. I'm planning to take the airbox out and put just that. Do any of you guys know what to do? and I also got a blanking plate so i'll get those yummy flutters and block off the vacuum from the recirc but has anyone really done it and does it give you an engine light? and if it does would it put the car to limp mode? I really want to hear that turbo and I'm not sure what to do since my mechanic said it isn't much of a good idea and it'll be too much effort as well as because of the fact I have a blanking plate the car would go on limp mode. Any ideas or reccomendations?

Attached below is some of the things i need to pay attention, Is it worth it to do things w the car or not? Pod filter and blanking plate is there too 😛

E5077321-7C3D-454B-A3F0-6328C19062FF.png

DBFEBA40-DECC-443F-A4E6-D104849B12E9.jpeg

I would have thought, in the interests of safety, that you at least replace the brake fluid and get new pads .....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slick said:

I would have thought, in the interests of safety, that you at least replace the brake fluid and get new pads .....

yeah, my mechanic says to do so the next service as it'll still last a while, however i really just need an adapter for the filter unless i get a ramair one with a metal neck but well see

6 hours ago, CRMZN said:

yeah, my mechanic says to do so the next service as it'll still last a while, however i really just need an adapter for the filter unless i get a ramair one with a metal neck but well see

How long until your next service??? I would not wait too long with dirty brake fluid and only 20% pad material on the front brakes. 20% pad material on the front will not give you much heat sink if you use the brakes hard when you are likely to get fade - especially with dirty fluid !!!

Edited by slick

31 minutes ago, slick said:

How long until your next service??? I would not wait too long with dirty brake fluid and only 20% pas material on the front brakes. 20% pad material on the front will not give you much heat sink if you use the brakes hard when you are likely to get fade - especially with dirty fluid !!!

it's at about april of next year, and i don't really brake hard or much so i'd probably be fine, but whenever i pass the next 5k kms i'll probably get it done

58 minutes ago, CRMZN said:

it's at about april of next year, and i don't really brake hard or much so i'd probably be fine, but whenever i pass the next 5k kms i'll probably get it done

Good idea ...