Heads up regarding Melville Renault

Spoku

I have just seen a display of customer service of which does not seem like a good start at Melville Renault.

I asked about acquiring a service book with the tearaway sheets for the intervals and what gets done as my one has been lost between the previous owners as point out by my new go-to guy (Corrado at Eurocare, absolute legend) and Renault parts said I had to call their customer service department in Victoria for it and that they "Do not get involved with that. We don't touch that." word for word. So I called the customer service and the lady said I had to speak to the dealership too which I responded I just got sent here and they told me they don't get involved. She is now following up for me and will call me back saying they are ready to discuss purchasing options with me (the spokesperson's name is Kylie and she has been infinitely more pleasant to speak to than the guy from Renault Melville). 

Am interested in seeing how this plays out but safe to say if they hand ball ordering a service book, makes you wonder what other issues they have. Don't think I'm going back there again and I would suggest you proceed with caution if you must use them. 

Will keep this thread posted but put it here as it appears at the top of the page.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Went into Wangara Renault to get a front bottom lip and the parts guy looked at a schematic drawing of the front of the car and told me it was all one piece and  I needed to buy the whole front bumper $2200 plus painting(wrong) brought 2 in from the UK $350 landed

Went into Renault Osbourne Park and was told $3800. belts and water pump , Corrado charged from memory $1400 that may have inc front pads and rotas.

Wouldn't go in a buy a bulb from either of these burglars let alone have them touch my car.

Seems all Renault dealers are incompetent 

Edited by Skip808

23 hours ago, Skip808 said:

Went into Wangara Renault to get a front bottom lip and the parts guy looked at a schematic drawing of the front of the car and told me it was all one piece and  I needed to buy the whole front bumper $2200 plus painting(wrong) brought 2 in from the UK $350 landed

Went into Renault Osbourne Park and was told $3800. belts and water pump , Corrado charged from memory $1400 that may have inc front pads and rotas.

Wouldn't go in a buy a bulb from either of these burglars let alone have them touch my car.

Seems all Renault dealers are incompetent 

Corrado charged me just under $1400 for timing belt, water pump and associated things with that service and I asked him to give the brakes a check on the rear as it looked like they weren't wearing on the rotor properly (an outer rust band just under a cm wide). Gave it some brake cleaner and I haven't seen it since so I guess he might've adjusted the pad because it would've resurfaced by now since it doesn't get worn down.  I know who I am recommending to anyone who asks.

Do you have any recommendations for a performance shop in Perth? The only name I've heard for Meganes so far is DC Auto in Yokine because the owner races his Clio. Mainly looking for someone who knows what is worth it for power upgrades such as intake, exhaust system and other things similar to how DOOOOK goes to his guys (I think it's RenoTech and another mob but don't know exactly).

Might give Racing dynamics a visit since they are recommended for akrapovic fitters and do extensive work on Euro cars (I know a guy who got Methanol kit done on his AMG 63s SUV and the setup is incredible).

Edited by Spoku

I can recommend Damian at DC Autos, he recently did my timing belt and water pump. Damian has done the mechanical work on the Megane 3 owned by Brent Stevens (?) - which is the quickest Megane 3 around Waneroo at the moment 1.08.00, its also quicker than any Meg 2 or Meg 4 also (?).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JDB said:

I can recommend Damian at DC Autos, he recently did my timing belt and water pump. Damian has done the mechanical work on the Megane 3 owned by Brent Stevens (?) - which is the quickest Megane 3 around Waneroo at the moment 1.08.00, its also quicker than any Meg 2 or Meg 4 also (?).

Sounds like the performance guy I need to see for modifications. Would you say he is the equivalent to RenoTech or RaceSpec tuning in Perth?