Renault extended warranties,...do they vary?

emu

I see Joey advertising 2 yr extension to 150,000 kms with original extra cost of $1300, others with 2yr/100,000kms offered

Do Renault offer varied terms and costs? And I believe all of these are transferable, but can a second owner buy one of these extensions, and for how long/kms and at what cost?

I do believe there is an additional 2 years Factory warranty for a certain price.

The additional 2 years AND 50,000kms is more expensive then the base 2 year extended warranty.

And yes, a second owner can extend the warranty if they were not the first purchaser of the car.

I do believe there is an additional 2 years Factory warranty for a certain price.

The additional 2 years AND 50,000kms is more expensive then the base 2 year extended warranty.

And yes, a second owner can extend the warranty if they were not the first purchaser of the car.

A second owner can extend the warranty as long as the first warranty hasn't expired yet. (same goes for the original owner really!)

Cant be exactly sure, but its something like $950 (near enough 1000 dollars) for the 2year up to 100,000km warranty, and around $1300 for the 2 year upto 150,00km warranty. These are the only factory warranties on offer from Renault Aus.

Be wary of 'dealer warranties' as these aren't really worth anything at all, only the 'factory warranties' are worth having (these are the ones issued by Renault Aus.)

Hope that helps,

Sam

I see Joey advertising 2 yr extension to 150,000 kms with original extra cost of $1300, others with 2yr/100,000kms offered

Do Renault offer varied terms and costs? And I believe all of these are transferable, but can a second owner buy one of these extensions, and for how long/kms and at what cost?

Hey emu the guys ^^^ are correct.

http://www.renault.com.au/docs/services/warranty.asp

3-Year Warranty

Every new Renault comes complete with a 3-year / 100,000km warranty, providing complete peace of mind.

Purchasing a Renault Care Extended Warranty will help you maintain that sense of security for years to come, and provides your vehicle with cover for parts, repairs and other expenses.

There are two options to choose from:

Extratime: 2 year time extension

For vehicles that travel low kilometres per annum. Ceases 24 months from start date or when the vehicle has travelled 100,000kms since new, whichever occurs first.

Extradrive: 2 year/50,000km extension

Ceases 24 months from start date or when the vehicle has travelled 150,000km since new, whichever occurs first.

Extended Warranty benefits include:

1. Administered and supported by Renault Australia-wide.

2. Coverage similar* to the outstanding Renault New Vehicle Warranty.

3. 24 Hour Roadside Assistance.

4. Additional car hire, accommodation and towing benefits.

5. Value for money, worry free operation.

6. Claims can be made at any authorised Renault dealer.

7. Straight forward easy to understand coverage.

For further information on the Renaultcare Extended Warranty contact your nearest Renault dealer or if call the Renault Customer Relations Department on 1800 009 008 during normal business hours (Eastern Standard Time).

Would not bother with a dealer extended warranty too many exclusions