Jump to content

Hello from a newbie, new Clio 3 owner


markymark1968
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all... just a note to say hi!

I'm just in the process of buying a red Clio RS with the intention of using it as a dedicated track car. I've had a number of historic race cars for a number of years now, including a couple of Group S MG's, a 944S2, Lotus Cortina and even a Group N Hillman Imp! I've had a number of road going Porsche's also, including a '76 Carrera 3.0 which I still own. Early in my car buying life I owned a 205GTI, so I've always had a soft spot for French hot hatches, hence to desire to get into a more current one...

 

Thanks to the forum moderators, I've been enjoying the resource & the well-natured banter between members.

 

cheers, Mark

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, markymark1968 said:

Hi all... just a note to say hi!

I'm just in the process of buying a red Clio RS with the intention of using it as a dedicated track car. I've had a number of historic race cars for a number of years now, including a couple of Group S MG's, a 944S2, Lotus Cortina and even a Group N Hillman Imp! I've had a number of road going Porsche's also, including a '76 Carrera 3.0 which I still own. Early in my car buying life I owned a 205GTI, so I've always had a soft spot for French hot hatches, hence to desire to get into a more current one...

 

Thanks to the forum moderators, I've been enjoying the resource & the well-natured banter between members.

 

cheers, Mark

Welcome.

Seems we have a lot in common in our interest in historic cars - we had a Ian Tate built LJ Bathurst XU1 in which we did club sprints etc. My mates are running a Ralt RT5 super vee in historics at the moment and we go to PI historics every year. And I also have a great interest and knowledge of racing Porsches of the 1960 - 70s (917, 908, RSR, 935 etc) - some of the best and fastest sports racing cars ever built !!!

And my name is Mark !!

Edited by slick
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, slick said:

Welcome.

Seems we have a lot in common in our interest in historic cars - we had a Ian Tate built LJ Bathurst XU1 in which we did club sprints etc. My mates are running a Ralt RT5 super vee in historics at the moment and we go to PI historics every year. And I also have a great interest and knowledge of racing Porsches of the 1960 - 70s (917, 908, RSR, 935 etc) - some of the best and fastest sports racing cars ever built !!!

And my name is Mark !!

Thanks Mark - no doubt we will bump into each other around the tracks, then! Was planning to take the Clio to Pi last weekend, but covid ISO got in the way... first one I've missed for a long time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, markymark1968 said:

Thanks Mark - no doubt we will bump into each other around the tracks, then! Was planning to take the Clio to Pi last weekend, but covid ISO got in the way... first one I've missed for a long time!

Unfortunate - you missed a great event. The RT5 ran really well - the rear tyres are shagged now but James still managed a 1.40.4 in qualifying and low 1.41's in each of 4 races in his first race meeting.

2 x 956s there also ......

Edited by slick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...