Hello from Melbourne

Kongfu

:D Hello every one .My name is Dan from Melb..

I drive a 2002 Renault Clio 1.4L. Its just a daily driven car for me. I love the handling of it. Also its very fuel efficient.

I think I will enjoy my stay here. I believe there are many helpful and friendly people on this forum.

Hope I could share the joy with you guys. Cheers! :P

Welcome!

You might think the 1.4 is fuel efficient but the 1.6 is averaging 8.5/100km. Oh wait that, might be my driving :news:

Welcome Dan!

The people are very friendly and helpful, so you'll have no problems what so ever!

Tis also good to see you enjoy your car! :wink:

Clio1.6, you think your car eats alot of petrol - the old meggy averages around 11-12 litres per 100km :? And not only that, it takes the 98 aswell :!::) - and

i dun even thrash it.....that often :D .....too many short trips!...Lucky for me though, i also got a fuel card from shell...so free petrol for me for another half

year :mrgreen:

Hey Dan, and welcome.

I only joined up the other day, and everyone has been really cool so far. Looks like a nice forum.

Hey Brendan, how many Ks you got on the clock so far. I think you should be getting a bit better than the 11-12 litres per 100. I can certainly get less than 10 without trying to hard city driving, and low 7s when she stretches her legs. And I've only got 2500 on the clock, and I wouldn't think its fully run in untill you get 3000 under the belt.

Sorry for the Hi-Jack Dan.

Cheers - Dave.

Hey Dan, and welcome.

I only joined up the other day, and everyone has been really cool so far. Looks like a nice forum.

Hey Brendan, how many Ks you got on the clock so far. I think you should be getting a bit better than the 11-12 litres per 100. I can certainly get less than 10 without trying to hard city driving, and low 7s when she stretches her legs. And I've only got 2500 on the clock, and I wouldn't think its fully run in untill you get 3000 under the belt.

Sorry for the Hi-Jack Dan.

Cheers - Dave.

Hey Dave, i've just ticker over the 2000km mark, but i do alot of short trips - not many highways - so yea, thus reason for such high consumption!

Sorry, i know this is getting off topic, but i'll make it up by welcoming you Dan to ozRS for the second time - have a good one

i find it intresting that your 1.6 uses 8.5,,, i would of thought that my RSC 172 would use more then that but it dosent.... i get on average about 7.8-8.2 lt/100

Also Welcome Dan

what colour is your Clio? where abouts in melbourne r u located.

Hey Dan, and welcome.

And I've only got 2500 on the clock, and I wouldn't think its fully run in untill you get 3000 under the belt.

Cheers - Dave.

I think it takes more than 3000 km for it to b fully run in.

Probably around the 15000 km mark.

Had a drive of me mate's 225 the other day.

Engine has loosened up - compared to when it was 10000 km - (in a good way) after 20000 kms and the consumption is so much better too.

i find it intresting that your 1.6 uses 8.5,,, i would of thought that my RSC 172 would use more then that but it dosent.... i get on average about 7.8-8.2 lt/100

Also Welcome Dan

what colour is your Clio? where abouts in melbourne r u located.

I'll take a photo if you like. Can't seem to get it lower than 8.4 no matter how slowly I drive.

Hey Dan, and welcome.

And I've only got 2500 on the clock, and I wouldn't think its fully run in untill you get 3000 under the belt.

Cheers - Dave.

I think it takes more than 3000 km for it to b fully run in.

Probably around the 15000 km mark.

Had a drive of me mate's 225 the other day.

Engine has loosened up - compared to when it was 10000 km - (in a good way) after 20000 kms and the consumption is so much better too.

I guess there's Run in, and there's Run in.

The owners manual says not to expect full performance until at least 3000 km.