New Owner Of A Rs265

Mharring74

Hi All,

Firstly a quick intro. 

My name is Michael from the Southside of Brisbane.

I have just purchased a 2012 Sport 265 Trophy - yet to pick it up.

I got the car through a Holden dealer, so they were not sure about a few questions I had, hopefully you guys may be able to help:

a. I believe it has the LSD, am I correct?

b. The car does not have Sat Nav, only a small centre screen.  Does a 265 Trophy have the functions to record 1-100km, lap times etc....?

c. The rear bumper had reversing sensors, however when I placed it into reverse I did not hear any indication (however I may not of been close to any objects).  Do I need to do anything to activate the reverse sensors, other then selecting reverse.

I pick the car next Saturday and can not wait.

Does anyone know the best dealer/workshop to take the car for servicing in Brisbane?

In near future I hope to apply a Stage 1 ecu mod, but I'm not sure which companies offer them for the RS.  Is there some where on this forum I can go to form part of my research?

Cheers,

Michael

Does have an lsd: a rather amazing one at that.

Yes it can record lap times.

Reverse is all you need to activate reverse sensors, they start beeping within a metre of something. Any other queries don't hesitate to pm me, welcome to the 265 family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c. The rear bumper had reversing sensors, however when I placed it into reverse I did not hear any indication (however I may not of been close to any objects).  Do I need to do anything to activate the reverse sensors, other then selecting reverse.

Welcome! There are volume settings for the sensors (accessible through the trip computer when the car is stopped), but there's no separate buttons to turn them on/off like some other cars. 

Hi Michael and welcome.

I may be the bearer of bad news. If the car is the limited edition sport RS265, blue with grey wheels, then it doesn't have the LSD or the cup chassis.

(Edit: ignore the above... I missed the crucial word 'Trophy'. It does indeed have both the LSD and the Cup chassis.)

The rear sensors can be turned on and off from the settings menu and, as UWOTM9 has pointed out, the volume can also be varied from the same menu. When you select reverse gear with the sensors turned on and the engine running you'll get a single beep from the sensor alarm whether or not there is anything behind you.

Edited by Michael

Hi Michael,

Congratulations. As far as workshops go, I bought a new RS265 in April from Cricks Highway Renault at Springwood. The service department seems to be very good and is knowledgeable about Renault Sport.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Michael welcome to the forum. Great choice of car - you will love it!!

Please post some photos when you get it and can stop driving it long enough to take some photos... :)

Hopefully we might see you on a drive day soon...

Thanks again to everyone who has posted a reply.

For the owners in Brisbane, is there a Renault/French catch up any time through out the year where like minded people can catch up?

Hi Michael,

We have drive days which are organised by various members (anyone can do this) - check out he social thread and you will get the idea. At these events, normally we focus on RS cars, of course, but anyone can tag along. It's more about keen drivers and their cars. Usually we meet up somewhere go for a drive along great twisty roads, have lunch some place and return in the afternoon.

If you like the idea of driving in the rain, just keep watching for the drives I organise as it usually rains those days..... :)

There are also track days, coffee and car days, and French car days which I am unsure how frequently they are as the last one was just a couple of weks ago.

Something for everyone if you like fun drives in great cars!!

Hope to see you at an outing soon...

Edited by No152