rs 250 drive shaft fails

TRAKD RS

I have done through three drive shafts on my rs 250 current mods. ktech decat exhaust induction kit intercooler upgrade. tune and kw coil overs. someone please help is there a stronger than factory shaft. Renault will not cover me under warranty because of the mods

I'd suggest there's something else at fault. There are plenty of people on here running similar setups with no problems.

I am thinking lowering it too much may over stress drive shafts, it can cause bump steer and kill shafts.

Maybe research bump steer.

You need to upload them to an external image hosts page and post them here wrapped in IMG tags, sorry, I am no pro, there must me a how to here somewhere if you search.

I did some googling, its not technically bump steer, I got that wrong, its to do with the drive shaft angles when a car is lowered too much. Not sure if its applicable to the Megane but we used to have issues with another car when we lowered it too much.

whiteline have a bump steer kit to eliminate it however they dont make one for a megane. a brand going by the name of superpro makes bushing kits sway bars etc the the rs megane models that romano workz megane has them fitted on there modified rs 250. I will give them a call tomorrow. in the mean time my car is being toed to the local Renault dealership that replaced the drive shaft three days ago.

You need to upload them to an external image hosts page and post them here wrapped in IMG tags, sorry, I am no pro, there must me a how to here somewhere if you search.

I did some googling, its not technically bump steer, I got that wrong, its to do with the drive shaft angles when a car is lowered too much. Not sure if its applicable to the Megane but we used to have issues with another car when we lowered it too much.

Maybe you are thinking of driveshaft binding?

also, upload your pics to here : www.tinypic.com

it will give you the text to copy into this forum after you upload them there.

Maybe you are thinking of driveshaft binding?

Maybe. The car was a DB Honda Integra and we lowered it around 100mm from what it would have sat at factory with Tein Adjustable ride height coilovers, this was back in the late 90's when adjustable coilovers were not common, I remember it went through a multitude of drive shafts in one year and used to bump when cornering, once raised up 20mm it was fine afterwards.