Newbie from Sydney

stuart1

Hi All..

Just signed up to the forum.

Recently purchased a new RS265 and need to learn the pros and cons of Renault Sport products.

Initial impressions of the car are...for a spirited punt through the windy bits it is good,even when encountering mid corner bumps. It is firm in the suspension but compliant and maybe a little soft in the rear torsion beam mountings as seems to have some rear steer which is not a problem at 80%.

Brakes seem average for daily use but should be good with the right material at the track.

As a daily drive it is not a very comfortable car and ergonomic wise it certainly is not German inspired.

Track-day wise(probably the real reason for buying the car)hopefully I can get this one going quicker than my recent VW Golf MK6.

In the process of learning about the car's track potential I will probably ask a few questions of you...the experts..and sometime in the future,as I learn,make a meaningful contribution to the forum myself.

Thanks all,

Stuart1....

Welcome!

The Megane 3 RS is definitely a "rearwardly mobile" FWD - most of the time it should be well behaved but it's pretty easy to learn how to make it shake its curvy butt :)

There are plenty of vids on YouTube and comments on this forum around this but the short of it is - it's all about the LSD up front. It's what makes the solid rear work and it gives you the confidence to get on the power early (pre-apex) and get every single kilowatt to the ground to slingshot out of the corner.

Anyway, there are lads on here who track and road rally their Meganes so happy hunting - a wealth of knowledge and experience to be found here :)

Welcome!

The Megane 3 RS is definitely a "rearwardly mobile" FWD - most of the time it should be well behaved but it's pretty easy to learn how to make it shake its curvy butt :)

There are plenty of vids on YouTube and comments on this forum around this but the short of it is - it's all about the LSD up front. It's what makes the solid rear work and it gives you the confidence to get on the power early (pre-apex) and get every single kilowatt to the ground to slingshot out of the corner.

Anyway, there are lads on here who track and road rally their Meganes so happy hunting - a wealth of knowledge and experience to be found here :)

Thanks RaindancerAU..

Yes once that diff takes over it really pulls you into the corner so already agree it will be quick out of the corners,just have to see how well it turns in..

My VW was quite good through the turns..too good in fact on Rs as oil surge reared it's ugly head..The main reason I stopped tracking it.

I could live with the non LSD post apex problems but not oil starvation.

Any high lateral G oil problems encountered with the Meganes???

If there are any problems I've not heard nor experienced them myself but that might be better answered by the racers over in one of the technical sections :)

Not really intending to track this car yet, maybe post warranty or when I get something else as a daily but from my experience on tightening radius corners where you really accumulate lateral forces; no problems so far.

Haven't heard of any oil starvation issues and 250's have been extensively tracked by members and race teams.

Enjoy it !! Hope to see you at the track.

A number of us participate in the CSCA supersprint series and a couple in the NSW hillclimb championship.