Hi from Malaysia

RSwanson

Hi and welcome aboard.

I'm hitting KL an Sepang in October, feel free to drop me line (PM) of any "must do's" whilst there.

Anyways, pics asap when you get your beast please, preferably with some serious Malaysian background.

(take that in whatever interpretation you like)

All the best,

WOLF

ps: have a couple of RS clients there already, is it pciking up or already a large market?

Greetings and welcome!

Lovely to know that our membership base is so far-reaching 8)

Interested to know what the RS-scene is like there. How long have RS models been available in Malaysia?

Hi Wolf and Dish

It's a relatively small market compared to Australia. We've got around 100+ RS250s on the road at the moment. Most Malaysians avoid manual transmission like they were born without a left foot. Hence the popularity of the Golf GTI here. Fools. :P

The Focus ST was just launched last week and already the mass market boy racers are complaining that it doesn't come in auto.

The RS250 has been around since Nov/Dec 2010 so it's relatively new. No news of the RS265 yet though I suspect once Renault clears stock of the 250, they'll bring it in. Probably have around 10 more 250s to clear. I just couldn't wait any longer!

Wolf, I'll drop you a pm shortly.

Prior to the RS250, Renault sold I think less than 20 R26s. Their bread and butter used to be the Kangoo!

But from what I hear, the RS250 is their top seller at the moment. They've got around 4 or 5 Ange and Demon Clio RS in the country.

But yeah,I think the market is ready for the new Clio provided it's priced competitively.

Wolf, I can't pm you. I think you've got the function disabled.

Prior to the RS250, Renault sold I think less than 20 R26s. Their bread and butter used to be the Kangoo!

But from what I hear, the RS250 is their top seller at the moment. They've got around 4 or 5 Ange and Demon Clio RS in the country.

But yeah,I think the market is ready for the new Clio provided it's priced competitively.

Wolf, I can't pm you. I think you've got the function disabled.

Feel free to send me an email to wolfexperience@yahoo.com

That's my none work email, and any travel advice is surely welcome.

Especially as i just found out we got 3 days of riding motorbikes north, south and west of KL.

Cheers,

WOLF

Sorry to keep you waiting Wolf, I'll write to you soon as I can! Been busy with work and haven't had time to really enjoy the car yet. Yes, I've taken delivery and pics will come up soon!

The first passenger was my 3 year old daughter when I sent her to school. The 2nd passenger was the CEO of my company who came over for a visit and I took him out to lunch. He saw the car and said, "Sports car?" LOL! Though he doesn't know much about cars, the Megane just shouts speed doesn't it? Anyway, he seemed to enjoy the drive (I didn't go too fast because it's still being run in and I also want to keep my job!) and I'm trying to get him interested in cars now. Wish me luck!