Renault Dauphine

Rama

Hey peoples i just bought a Renault Dauphine, picking it up monday, i also have a Renault Clio 2002 which my wife now drives, does anyone know much about the Dauphine, im not sure what year it is as i havnt seen it yet, but if parts are needed or any mods that are easily done, or even to find out weather its a Gordini or delux would be great.... Thanx Guys!

Read this about the car in the "50 worst cars of all time"

Maybe they are wrong ..... :wink:

Quote:

The most ineffective bit of French engineering since the Maginot Line, the Renault Dauphine was originally to be named the Corvette, tres ironie. It was, in fact, a rickety, paper-thin scandal of a car that, if you stood beside it, you could actually hear rusting. Its most salient feature was its slowness, a rate of acceleration you could measure with a calendar. It took the drivers at Road and Track 32 seconds to reach 60 mph, which would put the Dauphine at a severe disadvantage in any drag race involving farm equipment. The fact that the ultra-cheap, super-sketchy Dauphine sold over 2 million copies around the world is an index of how desperately people wanted cars. Any cars.

They're not that bad Wade!

Rama, I would strongly suggest hopping over to AussieFrogs.com and saying Hi over there - chrome bumper bars scare them less :lol: - I would also highly recommend having a chat to Dave at French Connection (Airport West) to assist you identifying your vehicle.

I'm also currently serving as the President of the Renault Car Club of Victoria, and we'd welcome both you and your cars along to any of our events!

Personally, I'd love a little Dauphine myself! Where'd you find it!?

As Griff said, do yourself a favour and join the RCCV, very knowledgable and nice bunch.

Unfortunately we here are all about RenaultSport cars, many of us get anxious about any Renault prior to about 1975 :lol: check out AussieFrogs. They'll jump all over themselves to help with the Dauph.

Congrats and please let's see some pics!