Yet another 172 convert

exileded

Hi all,

I'm yet another noob to Renault Sport and have just brought myself a nice little 2002 172 :D

I've always been a European car fan but due to life getting in the way haven't been able to high performing one for quite a while. In the 90's I was the proud owner of a Lancia Delta HF turbo for a few years before it blew a serious hole in my wallet. I was looking to get back into something that had the same fun factor and that was as engaging to drive. After a decent bit of research I settled on a Renault sport Clio 172 with 130,000km on the clock and a full service history. I picked it up earlier this week and am loving it!

It needs some cosmetic work (Drivers side headlight polish, new mats, replace scratched up plastic trim in the interior) but runs beautifully. Even with a full history I'm hoping to book it in to Paul V for a service (and engine mount check) before taking it on a run down to the Grampians for some climbing in a few weeks.

Heres a couple of pictures :)

DSC07625.jpg

DSC07621.jpg

Howdy and welcome aboard.

Looks sweet. I like the black white contrast btw. What rims are they anyways?

Keep the pics coming and by all means, shoot me an email if you need some parts sorted.

Cheers,

WOLF

Hi guys, thanks for the comments.

Wolf, the rims are lenso S2's, I also have the original rims which I want to put some new tires onto for track days and general purpose use (more discrete than the bright white 17's!)

I'll also be shooting you an email in the next couple of weeks as I'm after a couple of parts to tidy the interior up (previous owner had a dog and the paws scratched up some of the soft plastic in the interior, also there's a cigarette burn through the passenger seat...)

Cheers,

Ed

Hi guys, thanks for the comments.

Wolf, the rims are lenso S2's, I also have the original rims which I want to put some new tires onto for track days and general purpose use (more discrete than the bright white 17's!)

I'll also be shooting you an email in the next couple of weeks as I'm after a couple of parts to tidy the interior up (previous owner had a dog and the paws scratched up some of the soft plastic in the interior, also there's a cigarette burn through the passenger seat...)

Cheers,

Ed

No worries Ed, whenever you're ready.

Heheh...sorry, but that's cute about the dog.

Wonder if he liked the cornering too :dance:

Cheers,

WOLF