New RS 250 in Perth!

rensport

Hi there, thought I'd introduce myself to the forum after taking delivery of my brand spanking new Lunar Grey RS 250 Cup Trophee with everything (all options!) on it.

This is my first brand new car and I was practically wetting myself with excitement!

First impressions? Draws a crowd wherever I go (not many of these in Perth) with many favourable comments, a fantastic drive with with talent that far exceeds my own driving skills, higher than expected fuel consumption (probably has something to do with my "enthusiastic" engine breaking in technique!), woeful stereo - even on the so called upgrade system, and definitely makes you feel like a driving god when you are seated in those well sculpted recaros (once you've managed not to castrate yourself trying to get into those aforementioned recaros!)

I will post some pics and more impressions soon but have to say... god I love this car! I had my heart set on a VW Scirroco R when it eventually comes but took a test drive in the RS 250 and I have to say I have not regretted my decision at all

I just have to upgrade the stereo though... those standard things in there are just awful... ugh..

Enough typing... going back to staring adoringly at the car while its in the garage now... again... :nod:

Awesome stuff, rensport :) You must be excited! I'm also from Perth but am in the test driving phase (have one booked at Henley Renault this Thursday). How long was delivery with yours, may I ask?

I test drove it at Henley too, but I bought from Melville Renault... nothing against Henley, they had a Lunar Grey in stock (the one that was at the Perth Motor show) but that did not have any of the options. Melville had a grey with all the fruit and it was either that or wait for another 4 months!

Because I was willing to take the one already in stock I didn't have to wait at all but the dealers I spoke to said if you want one in your specs that isn't already in the country then its a 4 month wait :cry: Sorry bud!

I'ld take a laptop and sit in my lovely Recaro's to do the typing. That way you are maximising time and efficiency with the baby.

But you can't look at the outside while actually in the Recaros unless you have some Inspector gadget neck that I don't know about! Still, its a good idea :)

Congrats and welcome to the fold. Might I say what good taste with colours you have also! :wink:

Firstly, congratulations. Great car and great colour choice, I am bias.

I found the stereo is not too bad when you set the seating position to driver, turn on loudness and then chose an appropriate preset equalizer, I do think it could use some better woofers up front though, as soon as the factory ones get the wrong bass note they pop. The Bluetooth streaming and hands-free is quite sharp!

Post some pictures when you get a chance!

I found the stereo is not too bad when you set the seating position to driver, turn on loudness and then chose an appropriate preset equalizer, I do think it could use some better woofers up front though, as soon as the factory ones get the wrong bass note they pop. The Bluetooth streaming and hands-free is quite sharp!

I agree with Apex with the stereo. After adjusting the the options and equaliser in the menu it didn't sound as bad as first thought. Sure it's not super great but then again you didn't need to invest more money into the car. I prefer not to have the music too loud while driving anyway as I prefer the hear the note of the car as I accelerate.

Otherwise you don't need good sounds to attract attention on the streets... the car says enough by itself.

I'ld take a laptop and sit in my lovely Recaro's to do the typing. That way you are maximising time and efficiency with the baby.

But you can't look at the outside while actually in the Recaros unless you have some Inspector gadget neck that I don't know about! Still, its a good idea :)

No Inspector Gadget Neck around here... although you could use a web camera. :)

You have made an excellent choice, especially the colour :wink:

Thanks mate... I concur with your sense of style!

I actually originally had my heart set on the blue ... and then had a brief flirt with the black (all black including the front bar and rear diffuser) with the black 18 inch wheels but then saw the grey sitting in the dealer's yard and it was love! :hail:

In my biased opinion, the grey with the black trimmings is the best colour combination - it even makes those 19inch wheels look decidedly less of a boy racerish choice!

On your colour point... see above :)

On the stereo... yes it does help things a little if you turn on loudness and use preset equaliser... but I'm picky when it comes to my tunes, I've already had a chat to see what I can put in there, but I agree on the bluetooth - that's why I would like to keep the head unit.

Pics will come when I have some time this weekend to dust off the old DSLR to do justice to the beautiful lines of the car... stay tuned :wink:

No Inspector Gadget Neck around here... although you could use a web camera. :)

Mate I got the solution... buy two of the little buggers, sit in one whilst typing and multitask as well by oogling your second best purchasing choice! :hyper:

Haha... was kinda thinking about one for the wife too. But after 8 years of driving a manual she wants an automatic so she can be lazy.

I still think she's eyeing up my car every week to take it for a spin...

Yes, we should plan something for October maybe? Not the FCF weekend of course :wink:

Aaaah yes, just had the same issue, try Camera Electronics in Stirling St Perth, they know their biz. Cheers Justin.