Renault Buy/Sell Costs

1233Z

This could be considered commercially sensitive by buyers or sellers. I think it would be a good topic though - helps benchmark the actual cost rather than the estimated costs. If the mods belive it should be killed - kill away!

I bought my RSC MY02 in Mid 2004 for $24000 with approx 35000km.

I sold it in March 2008 with approx 96000km for $12750 to a dealer in Perth as a trade in for a demo Rex.

• 3 weeks later...
Very sad to hear you've sold the Clio 1233Z,

You still have a Clio in the family though?

Yes. Still have the wife's MY02 Clio Expression. Have spent a crapload on it over the last few months - timing belt, wheel bearing, passenger airbag module, starter motor and other stuff. And right now it sits dead in the driveway. I'm hoping its the battery and the recon alternator is working fine.

Her days are numbered! Prob trade her in for a mazda 2 or new Fiesta.

Yes. Still have the wife's MY02 Clio Expression. Have spent a crapload on it over the last few months - timing belt, wheel bearing, passenger airbag module, starter motor and other stuff. And right now it sits dead in the driveway. I'm hoping its the battery and the recon alternator is working fine.

Her days are numbered! Prob trade her in for a mazda 2 or new Fiesta.

Have a look and see if there are any Megane sedans still around, a five star ANCAP car

and they were selling them off, base model cars for 24K drive away. Not sure

if any are left, worth asking tho.

cheers, :D

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Purchsed my 04 Dynamique LXR in 04 for $27k with 9000km, traded on Cup for $22k in Feb '06 with 29,000km.

Purchased my 05 build Cup new in Feb 06 and paid $48k onroad. Sold for $20k almost 4 years & 80,000km later.

Purchased R26 with 29,000km in Feb 09 for $30k, what its worth as a trade on an RS250 by the end of this year is anyones guess but I'd say very, very low $20k's to late teens with approx 50000km.

I have just had a new VW Tiguan join the clan (I know....I know :wanker: ) and it was interesting to see that the VW forum had set up a Google spreadsheet where everyone could put their purchase price with options etc to check whether they got a good price drive away. Some people get protective about what they have paid but I thought this was a great tool to help people save some bucks.

Cheers,

Justin.