Newbie To Renault

Randi265rs

Hey guys

Just introducing myself. The proud new owner of a black on black 2013 Megane rs 265 cup. Man these things boogie!! The only thing that's missing is exhaust bark on gear change, but given the performance I'm still all smiles anyway!!

Any tips on how to get the best out of these bad boys would be appreciated. Not looking to do too much at this stage, it's got enough to frighten me at times!

Cheers

Hey,

I got a 2015 rs256 a couple of months ago and have deleted the muffler and have given it a tune. If you want some more noise without it being annoying this is the perfect combo. Muffler delete was only $250 and was a vey cheap way to get more noise without having to change the whole exhaust system. 

If the car scares you at times normally, with a tune it will scare you and make your jaw drop every time you look at the go pedal. 

-Asim

Congrats mate and welcome. I second the centre resonator delete, but I got mine for $70, so it depends on where you are, and shop around!

It sounds awesome in sports mode then.

I haven't tuned mine though.

Asim what was your tune?

I did my tune with CPI, it was an ECU tune which took it from 201kw and 360nm to about 230kw and 440nm. 

So you did a resonator delete? mine was just a muffler delete with flanges so I could install it again if needed. 

Does the resonator delete give it a drony noise at all ? because that is what I have heard happens if you do. Where did you get it done for only $70? 

I did my tune with CPI, it was an ECU tune which took it from 201kw and 360nm to about 230kw and 440nm.

So you did a resonator delete? mine was just a muffler delete with flanges so I could install it again if needed.

Does the resonator delete give it a drony noise at all ? because that is what I have heard happens if you do. Where did you get it done for only $70?

Oh that explains the price difference! It is ever so sightly noisier in normal mode. Very little drone if anything. There's a thread on it, http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/topic/17441-Removing-centre-silencer